• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Anyone else by off the internet? I have become very popular with a local FFL this year with three internet purchase. I bought two pistols and one rifle.

Paid with Credit Card on rifle and I sent postal money order for the two pistols, one in Texas and one in Ohio.

All of my deals worked out great but I was a little nervous sending the money orders and waiting on the guns to arrive.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm currently bidding on a couple things, and if I win any those will be my first gun auctions won. I have bought lowers online before though, but online store.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I bought an AK from century arms and a lower from Spikes Tactical. Both were small dollar purchases so I wasn't worried about the risk if they didn't show up, but they did and it worked out great. Good way to get exactly what you want and get a good deal, as well as support a local ffl.

Get a tracking number from fedex or ups if you can, then you can see exactly when it's delivered and show up at your ffl before they get it out of the box.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Many Times Before I got my FFL.
    I used to have a C&R and bought guns online all the time.

Still buy guns online just direct from the Distributors.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    It can be a pain if you get a defective product. But well worth it. I got my VZ-58 :) never seen one in a shop ever. Only online. And as i can tell its the only way to get them more rare and unusual firearms. Just ask around and order from a well know company.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Two of my purchases were from individuals. They did both advertise on rimfire Centrals Trading Post. Both went well other than the sellers having problems shipping. I think it was because of their inexperience. One went through a dealer and the dealer did not tell him he when the gun would ship ( which was six days later ). The second I am waiting on now. It is coming from a remote little town in Texas and the guy had a very difficult time getting the gun shipped even though he has a signed copy of the FFL in hand for the receiving address.

Third gun was off of a gun auction site, and the guy was one state away and shipped the gun the day he got the money order and my FFL received it the next day.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Anyone else by off the internet? I have become very popular with a local FFL this year with three internet purchase. I bought two pistols and one rifle.

Paid with Credit Card on rifle and I sent postal money order for the two pistols, one in Texas and one in Ohio.

All of my deals worked out great but I was a little nervous sending the money orders and waiting on the guns to arrive.

If they dont' take credit, I don't even bid on them on gunbroker, even if they do have a ton of positive feedback.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    I have bought a few from auction sights, more from online stores (CDNN, ect.) and one from a member of a diffrent internet forum. I prefer to buy in person, but some things you cant find, or are way overpriced.

you can save yourself a bit of $$ if you take the time to shop around.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    I recently started bidding on gunbroker and having them transfered locally, so far I've had good luck. Got a sweet deal on an israeli mauser because the seller wasn't a very good speller (isreali) and nobody else bid.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've purchased from GunBroker, Gunsamerica and a couple guns from online forums with nary a problem. Not to say I couldn't encounter trouble but luck has been good so far. In fact I'm going to go pick one up today I purchased from a gun forum member in Hawaii. :) I would have like to have made a FTF transaction on this one!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have done tons of transactions(both buying and selling) online with nothing but success everytime.

The key is to do it on gun boards (most all of mine have been from THR and TFL) and just pick people with good reputations and you'll be fine. High post counts never hurt either.

bang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I belong to GunBroker and have won, paid for and received items with no problems. To those that haven't signed up over there, they actually seem to care about your registration. i.e. you gotta jump through a lot of hoops in order to buy or sell over there. To me, that's a good thing.

bang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I forgot to add that I haven't bought anything that required an FFL. By the time you add in shipping and what the FFL holder wants, it seems to take away any of the good deal there was to start with. Lucky for me is that we have two to three good gun shows a month. The closest being 9 miles away and the furthest is 40 miles. :D

Top Bottom