• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I think buying ammo has become sort of a game to some. Buying in excess, stashing ammo, taking the wife so she can buy a box. Just sayin!! I think its a game we've all been playin.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I think buying ammo has become sort of a game to some. Buying in excess, stashing ammo, taking the wife so she can buy a box. Just sayin!! I think its a game we've all been playin.

I haven't bought any at the present prices. :) Keep your stash up though, I know where to get it that way. :D:D

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana

Then there are those of us who have a real life.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I laugh when I see guys forming the ammo line at the sporting goods counter at WalMart. Must be nice not to have anything better to do than sit around waiting for a box of 9mm......

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I think its a game we've all been playin.

Watch those generalizations you are making. I've purchased exactly one box of ammo since this BS started and that was for a new-caliber gun. Many who paid attention to the "firearms salesman of the year" for the last four years running are able to avoid paying higher prices. I feel sorry for true newbies who just bought their first gun recently, but don't assume that everyone is playing the same game you are.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, we have avoided it for now so we can miss the ridiculous prices for sure.
    We won't miss out on the new, higher, price paradigm that follows every ammo run yet.
    In time we'll pay but not near what a lot of folks are paying and face it, only the new owners should be in this boat.

To have owned a gun of any type during this administration and not had the forethought to put some ammo back for a rainy day is YOUR fault alone.
    Use this as a lesson and make changes to how you do things and life gets a lot easier.
    I do pity and even help the NEW gun owners with ammo when I can though, I don't want them discouraged do I? ;)

This doesn't diverge from anything I have said so far if you bother to actually ready rather than interpret.
    The collective "WE" are causing this to last simply by going to one of the many listings of stupid priced ammo, to include CheaperthanDirt and other large retailers who are thinking this is their cash cow, and buying from them. Instead we punish them by not buying and making them wish they never bought all this ammo with little Jonny's College fund thinking they could send little Billy too. I am all for free markets, that's why I say what I do in fact. By not buying and asking the rest of you to not buy that too is how a free market works.

BOYCOTT THE GOUGERS IF YOU WANT THIS TO STOP!
    (I think I will make that my sig line for a bit...)

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    You have to think some rounds are cheaper than ever thou. I just bought 6.5x55 for under .25 a round. I'm also buying 35rem, 300savage and 45/70 under $1 a round. So when you trade for 9,40,45 there trading like crazy.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You have to think some rounds are cheaper than ever thou. I just bought 6.5x55 for under .25 a round. I'm also buying 35rem, 300savage and 45/70 under $1 a round. So when you trade for 9,40,45 there trading like crazy.

Other than your last caliber, none of those are all that commonly called for in the "Ammo Hunt" and some can even be found easy enough if you wait for the first group to make their run and come to things in the second, more leisurely group of buyers.

If you are able to trade that stuff for what you ant though. Good on ya! Especially if you are getting it off of some of the filks I've seen your "PM sent" posts. Some of them really deserve a bit of sticking it if you follow me. ;)

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, then a game it is, but its a game that sucks big ones. I don't enjoy "playing" it...PITA.:n00b:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i buy in bulk, always have. reloading supplies an ammo alike. while i was stocked up decently before this thing hit the fan, i'm still always searching for a good buy.

i know what its worth, and what a good buy is and isn't. ive always been a hoarder. i'll buy what i feel is reasonable, which is to say, ive not bought ANY .223 for six months now.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Ammo Shortage

Wellllll isn't that special. I don't mind helping the newbie but again we had all the signs when O took office. Listen to Nancy Harry Di-Fi Blabbermouth it's out there. I simply took my primers off the market got more powder added one more set of dies 1000 once fired 40's since I buckled under the pressure of the need for a new gun. Again the information is out there. For all the veteran shooters they should be helping the females that have "seen the light" lots of those now.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Well I'm a first time gun owner. Somehow I feel as though I picked the "perfect" time to start. So in away I AM one of those guy that play this game. If I see a walmart, dunham sport, etc.. I would stop and do a quick lurk. If by chance, hasnt happen yet, I do see some ammo I want. I will get my gf to pick up some for me too. I don't have a stash of ammo from years before, like most guys. But at the sametime im not going to buy ammo at crazy high prices either. So far I only have 250rounds in my collection. Well, make that 150 because we went to the range today and shoot 100rounds already. Lol

Top Bottom