• ...and so much more!
  • rilesss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    NWI
    I'm new to reloading, want a cleaner that will clean gun parts and bullets,
    buying a Lyman ts 2500 sonic cleaner, what solution does everybody use.
    2 different , 1 for gun parts and 1 for bullets.
    should I just use factory solution, or make my own solution

thanks tom

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I really like citric acid for case cleaning. It works great and doesn't alter the metallurgy of the brass. I get it from Amazon for cheap. It also is a great surface rust remover. You can wipe it on and it will dissolve the oxides (rust) but not the base metal. Bear in mind that it will remove bluing though so don't use if for cleaning any blued parts.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I can't say I'm super experienced but I do have the Lyman sonic cleaner. I've simply used the suggested Lyman cleaner for either brass or gun parts. Mainly gun parts as I usually tumble bulk brass. It's worked great but I haven't deviated from the factory solutions.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I use simple green. It works good, is cheap, and found locally. Since it's a degreaser it works really well for gun parts and it gets the crud off of brass easily as well. I've never used it on projectiles, but I assume it'll be just as good.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I really like citric acid for case cleaning. It works great and doesn't alter the metallurgy of the brass. I get it from Amazon for cheap. It also is a great surface rust remover. You can wipe it on and it will dissolve the oxides (rust) but not the base metal. Bear in mind that it will remove bluing though so don't use if for cleaning any blued parts.
    I went to amazon and there were a ton of choices for citric acid. Which do you use for case cleaning and what concentration?

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    go to menards web site type in citric acid. you'll find this stuff called Softener Cleaner. it is citric acid. a couple table spoons works great on 500+ rounds of 223. its cheap. available locally

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    if you are using citric acid, check out bar keepers friend - its in the cleaning aisle at krogers and its like 2$. what concentration do u use?

Top Bottom