• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustAMom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just wondering how many people bought a popular...(Springfield XDs, S&W sheild)

Without trying one out. Just on reviews, and reputaion.

Just wonding....I put an XDs on layaway, and have yet to fire one...

JustAMom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have held an XDs. I loved it, and hugged it, and waiting to name it...

I guess cause it had gotton AMAXING reviews, just wondering if anyone has regretted, getting something you have never tried.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    i have not had regrets thus far. weapon worked wonderfully. just did not like the feel of it. only sold 2 weapons. and both were ones i bought without shooting first.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I have never bought a gun I was able to shoot before buying. I was only able to pick it up in the store and feel the grips and make sure it felt good to hold. I just went by that without ever shooting one.

Actually, I did buy my buddies 10-22 off him that I had shot before buying, and I had shot an AR before buying mine, but all my pistols and shotguns I had never shot the model of gun prior to buying.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I bought the XDS before I had a chance to fire it - but I have owned many XD's, and the Springfield brand had something to do with it.

Same with the shield.

I also bought a Sig P938 as soon as they came out - but I have carried a Sig P238 as a backup gun for years, so it did not seem like much of a gamble.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    S&W Shield, never even held one, I asked the good folks at BGF to order one for me, they had it in 5 days. On a different note, there are a few of you out there looking for Shields, and act like you can't find them, have you LGS order one for you.

Back on topic, I wanted it based on reviews alone, I don't reget it at all, it's a great little pistol. Mine is a 9mm.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I bought a used M&P online...

But I'd already handled a few and already owned a compact.

Works flawlessly. (until I lose another spring, that is.)

-J-

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just wondering how many people bought a popular...(Springfield XDs, S&W sheild)

Without trying one out. Just on reviews, and reputaion.

Just wonding....I put an XDs on layaway, and have yet to fire one...

I can't do it. I keep getting told to order a S&W 1911Sc E series bobtail, but until I actually fondle one, I just can't do it.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    If it's a new firearm, its not a huge deal. It's nice to see how it fits your hand, however. Used, I don't think I could. Need to be able to check it out instead of taking someone's word for it.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Never. If I can't see how it feels in my hand, how the trigger feels, how trigger reset feels, etc, I'm not buying it.

That said, I'm not an early adopter, and feel no need to always have whatever the hype says is the next big thing. I'll let other folks pay the premium prices for the honor of being the guinea pig.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've never purchased a new model gun without shooting it. I've actually bought ALL of my guns without shooting them but I've always done quite a bit of research prior and usually shot something very similar. I've yet to be disappointed. I was close to buying a SIG P938 but I couldn't fully talk myself into it. Almost put some money down to get one of the first that came into a shop because I liked what I was reading about it.

Top Bottom