• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Awesome Game!! What Butler has done in the last two years is just amazing considering they play in a mid conference league. I don't think you can come up with a mid conference team that has made it to the final 4 in a 5 year span let alone 2 years in a row...and remember they lost a NBA lottery pick from last years team...not just a NBA pick, but a lottery pick. Brad Stevens is a genius as a coach (his first name must have something to do with it). :D

GO DOGS!!

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    LONG TIME BUTLER BULLDOG FAN HERE. GREW UP 1/2 A BLOCK AWAY FROM HINKLE. WE WOULD PARK CARS IN OUR YARD BACK WHEN INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL HAD A REAL STATE B-BALL TOURNEY AND FOLKS FROM ALL AROUND THE STATE CAME TO PLAY FOR A REAL STATE TITLE. GO DOGS...TAKE NAMES AND KEEP KICKING BUTT!

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    go butler! now that my buckeyes are out, im rootin for the dogs! i really like what the coach has got goin on over there in indy.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I live 5 blocks from Butler and have followed their Basketball and Football for years. They have always been pretty good but the last several years they have really been great. The Dogs have won 8 of their last 9 NCAA Post Season games, only losing the Championship Game last year by one missed basket! I really hope they make it this year. Oh yeah, their kids graduate too! :rockwoot:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Umm... how are you five blocks from campus and in Broad Ripple?

I'm in what they now call SoBro, South Broad Ripple. The campus covers a lot of area now and I suppose the closest point would be the new buildings just north of 49th street.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I just got back from the state finals. You should have heard the roar when Butler won. At the end of regulation and overtime I think more people were watching the Butler/Florida game than the Culver/Washington game.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm in what they now call SoBro, South Broad Ripple. The campus covers a lot of area now and I suppose the closest point would be the new buildings just north of 49th street.

First, Go Bulldogs.

Second, I don't think five blocks (if a block is roughly 500') from the corner of 52nd and Boulevard (very NE corner of campus) gets you to SoBro. It gets you no further east then Penn. (thanks, Google Earth).

I'm not saying you don't live in SoBro, BTW. I am saying SoBro is quite a bit more than five Blocks from Butler at any point.

For those keeping score at home: Butler-Tarkington's northeast corner is formed by Westfield Blvd and Meridian. Meridian-Kessler lays claim from Meridian and Kessler on the northwest corner to the Monon Trail and Kessler to the northeast. Broad Ripple's southwest corner is 61st and College

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    First, Go Bulldogs.

Second, I don't think five blocks (if a block is roughly 500') from the corner of 52nd and Boulevard (very NE corner of campus) gets you to SoBro. It gets you no further east then Penn. (thanks, Google Earth).

I'm not saying you don't live in SoBro, BTW. I am saying SoBro is quite a bit more than five Blocks from Butler at any point.

For those keeping score at home: Butler-Tarkington's northeast corner is formed by Westfield Blvd and Meridian. Meridian-Kessler lays claim from Meridian and Kessler on the northwest corner to the Monon Trail and Kessler to the northeast. Broad Ripple's southwest corner is 61st and College

Well I'll tell ya this, years ago I had my grandpa tell me this about old Indianapolis.....

"When some some asks for directions and they need to go north/south, you tell them in blocks, if they need to go east/west you tell them streets."

If you look at the area layout, you can go 5 blocks NW and by my grandpa description that would put you about 62st st. Because blocks N/S are about 1300 feet long.

So ya that could put you in in the area of Butler.

It's horseshoe's and handgrenades, just have to be close. No thermonuclear warfare needed.:D

Go DOGS.
    picture.php

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    First, Go Bulldogs.

I'm so glad that you are such an expert as to what my neighborhood is called. I made a mistake, I live SEVEN CLOCKS from Butler. Every business that has opened up with in a 5 block area surrounding me describes the area as SOBRO. Some older people in the neighborhood also call the area Butler/Tarkington while others call it the Meridian/Kessler area. I could care less what it's called but I know where I live and that it's SEVEN blocks from campus. Why is it even an issue with you? :rolleyes: GO DAWGS! :yesway:

Top Bottom