• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Stopped by a local watering hole last night, I'm close with the owners and I was helping them do a little work.

It wasn't a busy night for them and I was getting a little warm, so I slipped off my vest thinking my baggy shirt should hide things well enough.

Sat down at the end of the bar to chat with the owner for a minute and a rather intoxicated younger guy came strolling past, leaned up the bar next to me and let loose a loud drunken conversation starter.

Him: Hey!! Is that a N-I-N-E on your Hip??
    Me: Nope *while looking around to see how many nervous glances I would receive, 0, but I think the folks outside could have heard him*
    Him: Oh... You carry Hollow Points or Regular Bullets??
    Me: Depends
    Him: Oh Your My Kinda Guy! Depends on the color of the neighborhood your going to right??
    Me: *raised eyebrow and a shrug*

I think he got the hint and wandered off after that... Coulda been bad had I been in a less familiar bar, and had there been more than a handful of people in there.

Lessons learned:

The vest stays on from now on, the last thing I need is some local drunks deciding it's time to play show and tell.

I should vary my ammo depending on the color of the local residents. :nuts:

Great handling of a potential escalating event...well done.

I'm just glad he didn't try to bring his five year old daughter in there!

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Some drunks are just naturally stupid.

Take for instance an idiot I dealt withrecently, drunk behind the sheel of his truck cause a wreck with two other vehicles, jumps out, grabs three year old child, runs, throws child over fence, runs into me yelling at him to get on ground, turns around runs into the other two drivers, decides it's time to stop running, our ever present and oh so quick to respond impd FINALLy shows to which perp is arrested, (class D felony for child endangerment) and several other charges and wanting to fight myself and the three officers.... I bet he had a headache when he sobered up..... baby is fine

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Take for instance an idiot I dealt withrecently, drunk behind the sheel of his truck cause a wreck with two other vehicles, jumps out, grabs three year old child, runs, throws child over fence, runs into me yelling at him to get on ground, turns around runs into the other two drivers, decides it's time to stop running, our ever present and oh so quick to respond impd FINALLy shows to which perp is arrested, (class D felony for child endangerment) and several other charges and wanting to fight myself and the three officers.... I bet he had a headache when he sobered up..... baby is fine

He threw the kid? Wtf?

Top Bottom