• ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Teacher coulda just belched back louder and asked, "Thats all you got?"

It would have taken the wind from his sail, diffused a dumb situation. Plus, it would have removed the taboo of burping in class. Now the students know the outcome so there is no need to interrupt the class again.

Man teachers suck today!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    wow.

The suit was one of two filed Wednesday by civil rights attorney Shannon Kennedy, who says she has been fighting the district and police for years over the use of force with problem children. She says a review of school and Bernalillo County records shows more than 200 school kids have been handcuffed and arrested in the last three years for non-violent misdemeanors.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This is how you teach people to respect the authority of the police: by turning a respectable profession into glorified babysitting. Honestly, would you respect the law if even the most minor incident gets your butt arrested? Why bother following the law at all at that point.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Who do you blame? Obviously the parents, but I'm talking about the ridiculous decision to arrest the kid. Blame the teacher for not finding a better way to handle the problem? Blame the police for not shrugging their shoulders and leaving?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Who do you blame? Obviously the parents, but I'm talking about the ridiculous decision to arrest the kid. Blame the teacher for not finding a better way to handle the problem? Blame the police for not shrugging their shoulders and leaving?
    Both. they're both obviously power hungry control freaks. They're both highly paid, well educated, professional public servants, I expect far more from them. Like perhaps use a bit of judgement at least?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    the next thing you know teachers will want more money for making brilliant decisions like this. and the cops will be demanding more officer safety from burping teenagers.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Both. they're both obviously power hungry control freaks. They're both highly paid, well educated, professional public servants, I expect far more from them. Like perhaps use a bit of judgement at least?

I have to agree with you on everything except the highly paid part. Highly educated yes, but in the instance of teachers, they dont typically make the same income of many others with similar education in different fields.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have to agree with you on everything except the highly paid part. Highly educated yes, but in the instance of teachers, they dont typically make the same income of many others with similar education in different fields.
    Lets look at the rest of the package. Work year 190 days. Pension? Limousine healthcare? Free money for "continuing education" and free tuition from many colleges. Once tenured, job is secure forever pretty much no matter what......Heck they have so many ways to get out of doing their job it's hard to keep up with, last year my daughters first grade teacher didn't feel like doing her job. My daughter was almost held back because she was having problems reading, I told the teacher to screw off and now in second grade we have a teacher that teaches and reading/english is her strongest subject. In fact my second grade daughter is an A-B student and would still be in the first grade due to a quota for holding students back based not on performance or grades, but on some silly test that isn't even part of the curriculum, oh and a teacher that just babysits and collects a paycheck....

rant off.

ekbarnes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What has the world come to? We now have to worry about students bringing guns or knives into school. There are bigger things to worry about.....not burps.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Lets look at the rest of the package. Work year 190 days. Pension? Limousine healthcare? Free money for "continuing education" and free tuition from many colleges. Once tenured, job is secure forever pretty much no matter what......Heck they have so many ways to get out of doing their job it's hard to keep up with, last year my daughters first grade teacher didn't feel like doing her job. My daughter was almost held back because she was having problems reading, I told the teacher to screw off and now in second grade we have a teacher that teaches and reading/english is her strongest subject. In fact my second grade daughter is an A-B student and would still be in the first grade due to a quota for holding students back based not on performance or grades, but on some silly test that isn't even part of the curriculum, oh and a teacher that just babysits and collects a paycheck....

rant off.
    I cant argue that there are some **** poor teachers out there, but the good ones, that spend 14 hours a day either with the kids or working on ways to improve the lesson plan, deal with children that were not raised with any manners or respect for authority, ect. are still the majority. Its just the bad ones that get all the attention.

Just as there are in any occupation, there are good and bad. I was fortunate growing up that my teachers were mostly dedicated professionals. Just like any doctor, lawyer, or even the kid making minimum wage flipping burgers, I am sure that there are some who are grossly overpaid. This teacher might fit your description to a "T", but that doesnt make it right to throw the rest of the profession under the bus with them. It would be like condemning every LEO for the ones that abuse their authority and neglect their duties.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom