• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Why is everyone freaking out? I'm buying everything i need, including supplies and manuals. I'm having a buddy come over that is a commercial reloader, and is going to help me set up and teach me. All i'm trying to do is look for information and learn what i can in the mean time.

He just doesn't have the time for me to be calling him every 5 minutes to ask him a question. I'm just trying to learn everything i can before we set it up so at least i know some of the basics when its time.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I don't think anyone is really "freaking out." However, those of us who have seen enough, shall we say, "creative" reloaders tend to advise new reloaders to use caution and pay attention to manufacturers' recommendations more so than internet forum recommendations.

There is nothing cosmic about reloading ammunition, but way too many people make a complete mess of it.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    ya i dont want to experiment on my reloads really. i'd be happy just making a round comparible to wallyworld ammo. Once i find a load, it will probably be the same one i'll use forever. I just spend way to much buying ammo. I'd rather make my own for cheap.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    "I have lost interest with this place and have found another site which is ALOT better"...perhaps your 'ALOT better' website will have the answers to your reloading questions?

"Why is everyone freaking out? I'm buying everything i need, including supplies and manuals"... owning that stuff doesn't make you a compentent reloader any more than owning a camera makes you a photograher.

"So can anyone reccomend a load with the supplies i'm getting?" ...YES! Try the Titegroup data at that 'ALOT better' website.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    "I have lost interest with this place and have found another site which is ALOT better"...perhaps your 'ALOT better' website will have the answers to your reloading questions?

"Why is everyone freaking out? I'm buying everything i need, including supplies and manuals"... owning that stuff doesn't make you a compentent reloader any more than owning a camera makes you a photograher.

"So can anyone reccomend a load with the supplies i'm getting?" ...YES! Try the Titegroup data at that 'ALOT better' website.

Are you serious....You really want to get into another argument?:xmad: Why is it that people feel the need to argue and b*tch just for the fun of it?

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I think we all need a group hug.

The OP had questions. His reference guides are not here yet so he asks us. He got a link to the manufacturers website for additional help.

Reloading is not for everyone. It is also difficult and potentially extremely dangerous not only to the shooter, but to anyone standing near by. Better safe than sorry.

ANeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    SW Ohio
    Yep remember what it was like when anyone started,, 1001 questions. A lot of stuff to soak in.... Heck I learned how to reload before Al invented the internet. And luckily I still got all my appendages ;)

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have been using Bullseye for years to load several different calibers and never had a problem. Yes it is very dirty. I was thinking of changing powders just as soon as my Bullseye is gone ( may take awhile)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have been using Bullseye for years to load several different calibers and never had a problem. Yes it is very dirty. I was thinking of changing powders just as soon as my Bullseye is gone ( may take awhile)

I probably will, titegroup is only $1 per pound more on the midwaysusa website.

Grains per load is about the same and $1 more per 1,550~ rounds woul dbe well worth it for the cleaner loads.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Also if you factor in that it's even cheaper by the 8lbs you are even better off :)

1lbs is $17.29
    8lbs is $118.99 / 8=$14.87 a lbs.

:twocents:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    ya i dont want to experiment on my reloads really. i'd be happy just making a round comparible to wallyworld ammo. Once i find a load, it will probably be the same one i'll use forever. I just spend way to much buying ammo. I'd rather make my own for cheap.

Seriously, as a new reloader you'd get A LOT out of one of Aszerigan's reloading classes. He walks you though the process step by step and will answer as many questions as you can ask... and he's got decent snacks too. The Reloading 101 class is $30 well spent.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Seriously, as a new reloader you'd get A LOT out of one of Aszerigan's reloading classes. He walks you though the process step by step and will answer as many questions as you can ask... and he's got decent snacks too. The Reloading 101 class is $30 well spent.

I'm taking one of his classes. I just gotta figure out when i can get down there when he's doing them. I heard theres a guy in SB that does classes also.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I know the original poster said Bullseye and Titegroup. But has anyone used/using Accurate #2. Their load manual says it is comparable to Bullseye, but it is supposed to be cleaner and the price is cheaper. I've used #2 in the past for .38, 45acp and 9mm and have not had any issues. Doesn't seem to be dirty from my observations either.
    For what it's worth I'm using Titegroup right now and am happy with it too.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    For me(YMMV) Bullseye would go 180 rounds of .45 Auto w/o cleaning or a dirt/crud problem back in my competition days. So a powder can be "dirty" but still get the job done.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    For me(YMMV) Bullseye would go 180 rounds of .45 Auto w/o cleaning or a dirt/crud problem back in my competition days. So a powder can be "dirty" but still get the job done.

Ouch, sounds like you were shooting a POS.

I can easily get 500+ rounds of .45acp thru my TRP and 500 thru my XD9 between cleanings. They don't jam either, I just like to clean them occasionally and make sure the barrels aren't leading.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    This thread is like the twilight zone.

Titegroup is actually being switched to.... because its CLEANER?

sheesh.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    "Ouch, sounds like you were shooting a POS."

No, please allow me to clairfy. I use(d) the 1911 .45 on the "centerfire" and ".45" COF's in Bullseye Competition. Those are 90 rounds each and to be honest, I could care less how she cycles on round 181!
    She's a wadcutter Bullseye pistol and I wish she were a POS on those 8's I fling @50, but they're all on me.

ANeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    SW Ohio
    Good to see another Bullseye shooter here Strato.

I clean my Bullseye gun once a month, usually 3 matches and several practice sessions. 1000+ rounds if all goes well. 100% function, using Bullseye powder and old scrap lead home cast bullets.

I sure dont use Bullseye powder because its clean, If that was my only concern I would probably go with Clays.
    I like the recoil feel of Bullseye, its accurate, it works

Top Bottom