• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The problem is you gun owners that want to use firearms with bullet buttons. Only only you gun owners did not flaunt your bullet buttons they would not be banned. You brought this on yourself.
    Nice analogy, Counsel. :)

It appears that the purpose of California's assault weapons ban is to ban rifles that are cosmetically scary. They write legislation that targets cosmetic features and mechanisms that eject magazines. Somebody is able to design a rifle in compliance with their asinine law which functions very similar to the rifles they banned, and then they get butthurt and call it a "loophole." Gotta love the logic of the ringleaders of the circus we call California.
    Other than to take steps toward their goal of banning citizen's possession and use of firearms entirely, that's the "purpose" and "logic" of those who seek first to ban semi-auto look-alikes by calling them "assault weapons". From TF's link:
    “If the bullet button assault weapon is allowed to come into the state then the California assault weapons ban basically doesn’t exist any more,” said Josh Sugarmann with the Violence Policy Center.
    This same Josh:
    "Assault weapons—just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms—are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these weapons."
    No, he didn't invent the term, yet he and many others in the gunban lobby sure know how to make use of it to push an agenda.

The article in the OP reports the current bill sponsor as being "absolutely horrified":eek::runaway::): at the news (of the 'loophole'). Those interested might take a minute to look over the home page and bio of comrade party chairman Yee, noting the wording, educational background and political affiliation, and see if a familiar pattern can be detected.¹ There are others holding similar views - and occupying political offices or positions of influence- both within and outside of CA.

¹ (and before someone deliberately misreads or tries to misdirect, it has nothing to do with his or any other's ethnic heritage.)

These are people who no longer love liberty. They are more than happy to relinquish their rights so that the government can simplify their lives and protect them from any harm. They need to be cut loose. They have nothing in common with Americans. We need a big republic sized enema...we could rid ourselves of Cali, Chitown, the Big Apple, etc. Then we build huge walls so the disease does not spread any farther than it has. Sorry, just daydreaming for a minute.
    Seen and heard this sentiment before and while understandable that one might be tempted to think along such lines, it is, at best, a daydreaming fantasy stemming from frustration or aggravation. "Hoping the big one hits and it (the entire state) falls into the ocean" is one particularly useless and worn out phrase. A simple study of plate tectonics will show that this is not possible and not going to happen, though due to location, major or minor seismic activity will happen in that region from time to time.

On the state level, I could express similar views about, say, Lake and/or St. Joseph counties - heck, while we're at it, include Porter, LaPorte, Allen, Marion, and Monroe counties as well. Yet I will not, not only due to the obvious absurdity of such a proposition, but also (particularly in the case of some of the more hateful and flippant remarks about CA such as, but not limited to "nuke 'em from orbit") because wishing death or catastrophe on millions of our friends, relatives, and countrymen through natural or man-made causes is hardly conducive to a constructive solution and will not solve this particular problem. No it won't. Neither will constantly screaming at them to move. Although many are well aware of their options, and have chosen one or the other, constantly ceding territory is no way to win a battle - or a war - as on a broader scale, sooner or later one will run out of places to run to.

Some have used the medical analogy of a cancer, a spreading disease that has infected one or more organs of the body, and while I share part of this view myself, I differ on their solution that the infected organ(s) are to be cut out, removed, eliminated. The analogy ends there because, in this case, although the infestation may be found concentrated in certain areas, one cannot physically (or politically and geographically) remove the organ without permanently altering, crippling, even killing the patient (the nation) as it exists in its present physical form.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    What you're saying is CA needs aggressive chemotherapy. I'll start making the targets to paste on the commie butts, you send the boots. :D

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    barneymod.jpg

My take on this..

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Some have used the medical analogy of a cancer, a spreading disease that has infected one or more organs of the body, and while I share part of this view myself, I differ on their solution that the infected organ(s) are to be cut out, removed, eliminated. The analogy ends there because, in this case, although the infestation may be found concentrated in certain areas, one cannot physically (or politically and geographically) remove the organ without permanantly altering, crippling, even killing the patient (the nation) as it exists in its present physical form.

At what point is a change in physical form necessary? Do we wait 10, 20, 50, 500 years before we argue that we are indeed a unique culture and should therefore have a nation to call our own? Nation forming in the current understanding of political science is most easily justified by identifying a unique culture contained by another. Quebec. Bosnia. Serbia. Czech/Slovakia. Lithuania. Estonia. Tibet.

I would argue that most unique cultures are probably defined primarily by ethnicity or religion. I would further argue that those of us who actually hold the Constitution of the United States of America in high regard are becoming a unique culture. So, how long until the physical form should be changed? How long until we are completely enslaved or liberated from the encroaching tyranny?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. Have to use the parsing method, not to be argumentative, but to clarify.

At what point is a change in physical form necessary?
    I'm urging against a change in physical form, against cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. For the preservation of the United States. There are 50. Not 49 minus CA. Not 48 minus CA and IL. Not 47 minus CA, IL, and NJ. Not 46 minus ___ .
    Do we wait 10, 20, 50, 500 years before we argue that we are indeed a unique culture and should therefore have a nation to call our own? Nation forming in the current understanding of political science is most easily justified by identifying a unique culture contained by another. Quebec. Bosnia. Serbia. Czech/Slovakia. Lithuania. Estonia. Tibet.
    We're not trying to form or build a new nation, rather trying to save, to preserve our own, to protect and defend against a malignant force that seeks to transform it. Splintering and Balkanization into a bunch of rump states will destroy the nation.

I would argue that most unique cultures are probably defined primarily by ethnicity or religion. I would further argue that those of us who actually hold the Constitution of the United States of America in high regard are becoming a unique culture. So, how long until the physical form should be changed? How long until we are completely enslaved or liberated from the encroaching tyranny?
    Opinions vary and are speculative on timelines. One main point I was trying to make was that if we are to be liberated, we must liberate ourselves, wherever we are, through means already provided for and available to us in that same Constitution. Like antibodies to the mutated, virulent strain.

There are many gun owners in CA that have chosen to stay and fight an uphill battle against a hostile legislature, often outnumbered in their own state. Something they might agree with, and to partially illustrate this point by way of entertainment, an ironic movie quote:

"You still don't get it, do you? Whatever it is out dehr, it killed ___ . And now, it wants us. We make a stand now, or dehr will be nobody left to get to da choppa."

Last edited:

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    MTC,
    I understood your point. I am simply (not a simple question mind you) asking "At what point are we at the paradigm shift where the choice must be made, be a free people or be an enslaved people? What if the point of no return passes on saving the union? I would like to think that has not yet occurred, but I am not willing to say it never will occur.

I do not want to see my nation destroyed by factions, yet I am not blind to the fact that some factions are pretty darned militant and are gaining ground despite being a minute minority all the while the perceived majority loses grounds on their rights are step-by-step being eroded.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    MTC,
    I understood your point. I am simply (not a simple question mind you) asking "At what point are we at the paradigm shift where the choice must be made, be a free people or be an enslaved people? What if the point of no return passes on saving the union? I would like to think that has not yet occurred, but I am not willing to say it never will occur.

I do not want to see my nation destroyed by factions, yet I am not blind to the fact that some factions are pretty darned militant and are gaining ground despite being a minute minority all the while the perceived majority loses grounds on their rights are step-by-step being eroded.
    Nemo,
    The answers to these and other questions have to be found on one's own. Even in those cases where some have concluded it is past the point of no return, they have resolved to do what they can, where they can, despite the odds. In order to accomplish this more effectively on 2A and RKBA issues both on the federal and state levels, it is more useful to identify the vectors and understand how the disease metastasized.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Im sorry if this is a dumb question but if they have AR's with magazines that can not be removed how do they reload? :dunno:
    Take the reaer pin out and hinge the upper so that you can see the top of the magazine. Load rounds like normal only you have the entire upper hanging off balance and in your way. REALLY safe...
    Now think of how difficult it would be to clear a doublefeed, unload and show clear if you are not out of ammo, etc.
    Or for an officer to verify and unload the firearm before taking it to "go see if it is stolen" It creates all sorts of unloading issues, which is ironic considering the state that's anti gun would for safeties sake at least want to make them easy to unload (and it was that same logic that made me think they finally came to their senses and were going to get rid of the bullet button in favor of allowing normal releases again, but alas logic is lost here)

While the state may have many that disagree with the people in the rest of the country, if you read the first link, you'll see there are quite a few California gun owners and people that want their rights (and even a handful of counties that will actually issue carry permits to their residents, with varying degrees of hoop jumping); instead of writing off the whole state shouldn't we be supporting these pro2A people instead? If not supporting the lobby, then supporting national level measures to protect the right to keep and bear firearms uninfringed.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Other than to take steps toward their goal of banning citizen's possession and use of firearms entirely, that's the "purpose" and "logic" of those who seek first to ban semi-auto look-alikes by calling them "assault weapons".

I agree with you, but I'd wager that the vast majority of the California legislature has no idea what they're talking about regarding firearms. Kinda like Carolyn McCarthy of New York. Josh Sugarmann is a complete piece of trash (I'd probably get banned for describing him in more appropriate words).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fortunately or not, depending on your view, the San Andreas (the big one) has a northward course, so the coastline moves toward Alaska, and takes just a thin (but important) wedge with it. Not gonna have any new coastline, nor any dumbfounded dip****s floating in the ocean wondering what happened. Kali is still valuable territory, so we shouldn't give up on it; if the adults are in charge we can use it to its potential, otherwise someone will take it that will.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I agree with you, but I'd wager that the vast majority of the California legislature has no idea what they're talking about regarding firearms. Kinda like Carolyn McCarthy of New York. Josh Sugarmann is a complete piece of trash (I'd probably get banned for describing him in more appropriate words).
    Yeah, and a safe bet, too. Calling a semi an "assault rifle" is one obvious clue. Part of that was more in reference to the relatively few ringleaders who at least have some idea of what they're trying to accomplish, in addition to the hangers-on, the ignorant, the gullible who are highly susceptible to shock-value terms and images, and can be counted on to support most any ban or restriction on guns(OMG!) or ownership that they're persuaded is in the interest of "public safety".

ETA: The media has played a huge role in the disinformation campaign, by constantly showing film clips of guys firing full-auto whenever a discussion of guns or a proposed gun ban or restriction comes up, especially "military-style" or look-alikes. Thus, the seed is planted that anything that so much as bears a resemblance to a military arm is - in their mind - a bulletsprayingbabykillingdeathdealingbloodinthestreetsassaultmachinegun that must be banned, banned, banned!

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Im sorry if this is a dumb question but if they have AR's with magazines that can not be removed how do they reload? :dunno:

Sorry Titanium_Frost but that's not correct. The bullet button requires a tool, the tip of a 5.56mm round or any other pointed object like a California politician's head to depress an inner button that sits down inside of a fixed AR mag release button. Hence the name "bullet button".

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Umm, he knows, easy ... he knows.
    He also has a great sense of humor, and is likely to return with something like:
    <Foghorn voice>"It was a joke, ah say, a joke, son. Smuthuhd in sahcasm, like Aunt Minnie's molasses." :):

Nevertheless, the link is useful for those who may not know about Stockton and the aftermath (or rather the exploitation of a tragedy for political purposes), and how it can be viewed as a catalyst for the dramatic acceleration of infringements on the RKBA in CA, such as Roberti-Roos.

Last edited:

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Sorry Titanium_Frost but that's not correct. The bullet button requires a tool, the tip of a 5.56mm round or any other pointed object like a California politician's head to depress an inner button that sits down inside of a fixed AR mag release button. Hence the name "bullet button".

They want you top loading. Seperate the upper/lower and load through the lower receiver. Can't imagine how safe that will be for malfunctions, lol.

:dunno:

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    My friend Mega just posted a YT video about this. Apparently it is California Senate Bill 249. He said he had a conversation with Senator Yee, who has introduced the legislation. Yee has said he is sending a packet to Mega which he thinks is going to be a bunch of statistics about why guns are bad.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Take the reaer pin out and hinge the upper so that you can see the top of the magazine. Load rounds like normal only you have the entire upper hanging off balance and in your way. REALLY safe...

I know what a bullet button is, they want to outlaw them and his question was if they were outlawed then how would you reload an AR15 with a fixed magazine. The answer is you have to separate the upper and lower receiver.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    What is an "assault weapon" anyway? Aren't all weapons assault weapons?

And does the removable magazine ban only apply to ARs? I don't understand how a removable magazine can make a gun any more dangerous. Faster reloads, I guess!?

Top Bottom