• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I hear all the time I want a crazy affordable custom knife that is a beast. well I give you bryan breedens knives. mostly in o1 none of that fancy steel but his heat treat is amazing and they hold a edge forever. I know that bryan is getting a ton of attention in the wilderness sections on bladeforums and it is damn well earned. 2 blades showed up today on my door step. the box was open and I was worried my blades would be missing but fortunately in the country your mail man can be trusted lol. I'm not sure what models I got but I think the lord greystroke and a mini recon. they came so sharp it's not even funny. I mean some of the sickest sharp blades I have ever seen. the big one is a 10 inch blade, 15 inches plus over all and is a freaking monster. the smaller one is right under 10 inches over all and I got them in a piggyback set up. here are some pictures. I haven't got a chance to beat on them yet but it is coming for sure. I did manage to work on some fuzz sticks and these things are so sharp it's hard to even keep the wood shavings on the stick lol. here are a few pictures. my camera absolutely sucks and I should just use my iphone I guess. I'll add some from both lol.

I'm not sure if his prices have gone up as he has been getting a pretty good wait list but I will say for both blades in kydex sheaths (not the best by any means but functional for sure) he would have done leather also (and his leather work is solid) anyhow. shipped and paypal fees for both knives was under 250 dollars. that is a steal folks. if your interested pm and I'll hook you up with his email but hurry lol.

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

with a baldric rig made out of paracord by a local person. pretty cool stuff.

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

and some iphone pics lol. not sure why my camera sucks so bad.

37265817.jpg

e98c94a1.jpg

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    man I'm one of those people who just can't leave stuff unused lol. ask and you shall receive :) not the best user pics but here are some.

01a5b796.jpg

9a1be1b2.jpg

a4ae1894.jpg

0e202383.jpg

clean freaking cuts. man it soars though green stuff. not overly heavy but still a super chopper.

cfd83188.jpg

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    dave I'm always ready good sir. I just can't pass up good fun like that, with some good friends.

thanks for all the comments guys. I'm really digging these blades. they are top notch for so a crazy low price.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Does he have a web site? He doesn't seem to have any knives on the BF Exchange or ebay and my web searches aren't turning up a web site.

his wait list is around 6 months right now probably due to his stupid cheap prices. he only operates off word of mouth, repeat customers, and the wilderness section.

here is the link with most his models and pictures.

For those with Bryan Breedon Knives

here is his email. he said I could post it up. I am spacing out the . com so he doesn't get a bunch of spam

tacklebreeden@yahoo . com

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Man, you always have the crazy good stuff..!!! Nice blades.. We need to get together for an outing..!!! Also need a sheath made for my scrapyard regulator ..!!!

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Man, I would like to see one of those chopper profiles in a 7-7.5". I would definitely be in!

he has actually come out with many of these sir. he is holding it down in this range. his freaking heat treat is spot on and the edge is staying strong to say the least.

Man, you always have the crazy good stuff..!!! Nice blades.. We need to get together for an outing..!!! Also need a sheath made for my scrapyard regulator ..!!!

we would love to make you a sheath brother and as far as the crazy good stuff that is just luck. right place right time :)

you got some sick blades yourself sir, especially folders where are those reeves blades at :)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Well, holy crap. There you have it.

I contacted him last night and already have an email from him this morning. I'm "on the list" and will work out details later. I like the Greystoke profile and think a 7.5" sounds about right... think Ratweiler.

Man, I've kept out of the outdoor side of BFC too long. When I first got into Swamp Rat, they were users and users is what you saw. Lots of folks were PNW SAR guys and my Ratweilers batoned a whole bunch of wood and made it on several solo overnights. Heck, the Swamp Rat Rat Chat even had a nice survival forum before it went down (with no real word on when / if it comes back.)

Well, over time I got into Busse and "using" knives in many cases became collecting some safe queens too. Too many. I've since really cut down the number of blades I keep and stick to mostly users by the vast majority. However, over on BFC, the outdoor / survival forums became a hostile place if you used/advocated anything but a mora.

I get how this happened and fault can be placed on both sides. The Busse side includes some older/weightier folks who NEVER use a blade. This, and the newly converted religious who parrot what they hear without understanding. Who are so frustratingly polarized - without real experience - that they turn off folks from all Bussekin and anyone who uses them. The real Busse blade users - and there are many - get lost in the noise.

Honestly, I think ESEE can receive much credit for the return to acceptance of beefier blades in the Outdoor forums. Along with Troy H - one of the original Swamp Rat mods (I've drank with him and River-8... amazing hosts.) Bill Siegle, as always. Now Bryan Breeden.

I've got to spend more time over there.

Top Bottom