• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So last Weds. my brother-in-law was unloading his fuel truck at Farm Bureau Co-Op in Peru. He looked up and saw a dirty black cloud on the ground coming at him, then saw green air rushing into an up in the cloud....then he realized the green air was corn being sucked up!!! He had no time to get to the office building or to get into his truck, so he dived into the 3 sided small building where you run the computer to unload. A neighbor saw the cloud engulf him and thought he was dead and gone. However my brother-in-law felt like he was inside of a train engine, wooded pallets flew all around him an then he couldn't see 3' in front of him. Something hit him in the head and knocked off his helmet,(they found the helmet later sucked up under the his semi in the engine area), then it was past and he was OK !!!! His semi was pointed away from the winds and just the back got pelted by stones. The office windows where broken out, and the cars there had their windows broken out and the cars had also been turned. Some cars in Peru had been rolled over. At the bottom of the link is the path of the tornado, you will see 3 small dots at the bottom and where it started, thats the Co-Op where he was at. One of those tanks has a huge dent in it because of the winds and pressure. Peru Tornado Path | WANE.com Blogs

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Glad to hear he didn't get hurt.

I've never been in a tornado before and I'm just curious, did he see any little old ladies go by the window riding a bicycle or a broomstick and wearing a pointed hat? :)

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Glad he is okay. Maybe I'm missing something, but why was he wearing a helmet? :dunno: Good thing he was, just curious.

Part of your government regulations.....at least thats probably why, you can't believe all the hoops he has to jump through to haul our gasoline......or it could be the Co-Op regulations too. Yeah, its hard teling what would of happened if he didn't have it on......or the fact he around 300lbs.....my 170 lbs ars would of probably been gone!!!!

By helmet I mean hard hat.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'd rather never be inside a tornado. Glad he's OK.

honestly I have never even seen one before. The one I thought I saw was a perfect funnel, though small. We called 911 and found out later it was deemed a "cold air funnel". Winds of around 40mph. It was years ago and we watched it from a downtown high rise.

here's a recent story.

Cold air funnels confirmed by NWS | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've seen them before. In fact, when we were kids, out in OK, one day my dad stopped the car so "we" could watch them out on the plains (It was a double or twin tornado).

DG, I'm glad your BIL wasn't seriously hurt. It looks like, by that map, he was at the beginning of it, before it maxxed out...timing's everything.

Top Bottom