• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    sounds like a good policy, but I agree with HGC... if the kid is still breast feeding, the mother should still be on maternity leave and she and the kid should be at home...

idk exactly what various employers rules are regarding maternity leave, but I think if the mother plans to return to work after a time, she should get some paid maternity leave. sorry for the slight threadjack.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    If the Fed Govt wants to compete with the private sector for good employees it has to be competitive.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I wouldn't have a problem with it its natural. I won't lie it would make me feel a little uncomfortable but its something mothers have to do.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    sounds like a good policy, but I agree with HGC... if the kid is still breast feeding, the mother should still be on maternity leave and she and the kid should be at home...

idk exactly what various employers rules are regarding maternity leave, but I think if the mother plans to return to work after a time, she should get some paid maternity leave. sorry for the slight threadjack.

Wowza.

Little House on the Prairie must be your favorite show.

Babies breastfeed until they are one (or longer in some circumstances).

So my wife should have taken a year off work?

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    I think the main thing we have going on is ladies pumping their breast at work. New law requires that we allow it. This has not caused us any issues. Usually completed over breaks and lunch. Worst part for me is discussing with employees.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Breast feeding stations at work? wouldn't that require the nursing mother to bring their infant/child to work with them every day?

This doesn't seem well-thought-out policy to me, can you imagine sitting in a cubicle next to an infant for 8 hours every day trying to talk to a client/customer on the phone with WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA being screamed few feet from you?

Ahh I didn't catch the breast pumping station part ... yea that's fine with me, so long as they squirt a little into my coffee every morning.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why is the child at work?

Oh, I see. This is about "pumping stations". A few mothers have pumped in the washroom or a private office at my place. Don't see the issue.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Breast feeding stations at work? wouldn't that require the nursing mother to bring their infant/child to work with them every day?

This doesn't seem well-thought-out policy to me, can you imagine sitting in a cubicle next to an infant for 8 hours every day trying to talk to a client/customer on the phone with WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA being screamed few feet from you?

I believe they are meant to allow the mother to milk herself and use it later.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood

Yeah I can imagine. Seems it would be the same as talking to some adults as listening to babies cry. Some are just whiners :D

Top Bottom