• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So nice to see Americans exercising their second and first amendment rights, as it was written, peacefully.

I am surprised that none of these firearms went off by themselves since our news media constantly complains about firearms having a mind of their own and going off without human help.

Yo, Mr. obama-messiah, figured it out know that REAL Americans ARE about guns and religion!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I seem to recall some of the very people saying how cool this is being some of the same people who said how stupid I would be for walking down US40 doing the same thing or how stupid it would be to bring guns, loaded or unloaded, to protest/rally events....

:rolleyes:

Good for these guys. Glad they got to do what I was discouraged from doing! :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I swear the parallels between the gun community of today and the gay community of the 70's is just striking. Every gun owner is coming out of the closet, saying "I'm here and I've got a bandolier!" or "You're disarmed and I'm alarmed!" or "Here I am with a spam can!"

You get the point. And it will go about as well with the press as it did back in the 70's. Just probably with a more hand wringing.

Funny. Very Funny.

[/threadjack]

You could not ask for better representative, even if he could have a nicer sling. ;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Glad to see this is a growing trend. Hopefully one rotten apple doesn't spoil the bunch and do something stupid with their gun, like fire shots into the ground or air or worse yet, at someone.

I'm glad the media is seeing that people can peacefully carry guns at a rally, and that the "guns are shooting lots of innocent people" all on their own.

My only concern, is could this backfire? Could this add ammunition to stricter gun laws? I can just see it now..."See how easily these people can just roam in public with -ghasp- fully loaded weapons? Think about the children!!!"

On the other hand, could this sway some fence sitters to see that guns are not inherintly evil, and just don't go killing people any time they are in public.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Glad to see this is a growing trend. Hopefully one rotten apple doesn't spoil the bunch and do something stupid with their gun, like fire shots into the ground or air or worse yet, at someone.

I agree, right now this is showing the world that gun owners are responsible and not a bunch of thugs!

However, one bad seed could = doomsday to gunowners throughout this nation!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I seem to recall some of the very people saying how cool this is being some of the same people who said how stupid I would be for walking down US40 doing the same thing or how stupid it would be to bring guns, loaded or unloaded, to protest/rally events....

:rolleyes:

Good for these guys. Glad they got to do what I was discouraged from doing! :rockwoot:

It's all a matter of context, appearance and demeanor.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    IF this is not a liberal organized "stunt" to try to further defame the average gun owner, then I think this IS a good thing.:dunno:

This man was within his rights, well dressed, and articulate. OOPS! Did I say that? :D

Seriously though. When I first heard this story break, my first thought was that this was a staged event to garner OPPOSITION to our RKBA.:xmad:

I could EASILY see this guy as a plant by this administration, in an attempt to denigrate gun owners, and further his assault on the second amendment!:nono:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    However, one bad seed could = doomsday to gunowners throughout this nation!

This is exactly the "What ifs" that I was talking about in the Brady Bunch thread. This is why the Nation Wide Gun Rally's never happened. People worried so much about that "One Guy". Remember the Tea Parties? No one came with a gun and shot it.

I carried along with a lot of other people at the Tea Parties. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING happened.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    IF this is not a liberal organized "stunt" to try to further defame the average gun owner, then I think this IS a good thing.:dunno:

This man was within his rights, well dressed, and articulate. OOPS! Did I say that? :D

Seriously though. When I first heard this story break, my first thought was that this was a staged event to garner OPPOSITION to our RKBA.:xmad:

I could EASILY see this guy as a plant by this administration, in an attempt to denigrate gun owners, and further his assault on the second amendment!:nono:

And why must we always suspect a gun owner carrying at an event that gets so much Liberal Attention as a Plant? :nono: If it WERE a plant, they'd be doing something stupid to REALLY embarass gun owners. Sheesh. And you people call ME paranoid! :laugh:

Top Bottom