• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Two computers ago, I had a bookmark of an article which linked about 5k "incidents" of chem weapons being found in Iraq, along with attempts to used them in IEDs, etc. Can't find it again when I looked a few months ago (the last time this was brought up.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Makes no difference. Ebola is here and will soon take care of all of us.
    Besides you know that hillary 2016 will be the winner. Y r u fighting it.
    Prepare boys and girls, prepare...

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Two computers ago, I had a bookmark of an article which linked about 5k "incidents" of chem weapons being found in Iraq, along with attempts to used them in IEDs, etc. Can't find it again when I looked a few months ago (the last time this was brought up.)

I didn't find exactly what you mentioned, but how about these for starters?
    Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons' | Daily Mail Online
    Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran
    Iran Chamber Society: History of Iran: Arming Iraq: A Chronology of U.S. Involvement

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Loony-toons articles notwithstanding, some years ago there was an article in one of the Chicago papers (like, on page 56, about a 1" 'blurb') that American troops had found 4 liters of liquid Sarin.

All the 'Bush-haters' shouted, "So what, it's 'only' 4 liters!". Except for the 'annoying fact' that 4 liters of Sarin, aerosolized, is sufficient to kill +/- 5 million people. One would think MOST sensible folks would believe that to be a "weapon of mass destruction". This does not include the other weapons caches that were subsequently discovered.

But not the Bush haters! :laugh: They were (and still are) too busy blowing their Bush-hater trumpet.

EXCEPT, now their trumpet is weak and they're just blowhards, still posting whatever anti-Bush :bs: they can find, whether from yesterday or a decade ago.

That doesn't change the fact that Sadam did have WMD's, used them, and was capable of utilizing them after the U.S. moved into Iraq, as was originally cited.

The Bush-hating lefty-loons simply 'can't' (as in 'won't') own their error. But that's the way it always is with that ilk, no ownership of their very wrong 'wrong-headedness'.

As we've seen here.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    I was saying the same thing. It's funny/tragic how many people didn't care that the Iraqis were slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people based on ethnicity but suddenly cared about us caring. As far as I'm concerned every single person who said we shouldn't interfere supports genocide.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who agrees with intervention supports paying the gov't to murder people on the other side of the globe because they believe they have a god given right to cheap oil. Do you support military intervention in every potential genocide situation around the world or just oil rich countries?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As far as I'm concerned, anyone who agrees with intervention supports paying the gov't to murder people on the other side of the globe because they believe they have a god given right to cheap oil. Do you support military intervention in every potential genocide situation around the world or just oil rich countries?

I see you're part of the "if we don't save everyone we shouldn't save anyone" crowd.

Sorry to see you approve of genocide.

Oil has nothing to do with my views.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Weapons of mass destruction was the term I remember being used. I would say this counts. Why did it take over 10 years to hear about this? Why did Bush not release the information? It was never a secret that we were taking Iraq's side in their war against Iran.

Bush 41 knew for obvious reasons like being VP to Reagan. Those weapons were a big non-publicized reason why we didn't relieve Saddam in 1991. Wouldn't have looked good getting attacked by NBC stamped "Made in USA". Many knew and many more dot-connectors assumed correctly.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    NBC stamped "Made in USA". Many knew and many more dot-connectors assumed correctly.

Because an oil rich country with access to FSU, North Korean and French technology and technicians could never develop their own chemical weapons...no many how many factories they built...:rolleyes:

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Yeah, here we go, as expected... the history revisionists come out yet again.

In the NYT article itself:

"The United States had gone to war declaring it must destroy an active weapons of mass destruction program. Instead, American troops gradually found and ultimately suffered from the remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West."
    "After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Bush insisted that Mr. Hussein was hiding an active weapons of mass destruction program, in defiance of international will and at the world’s risk. United Nations inspectors said they could not find evidence for these claims. Then, during the long occupation, American troops began encountering old chemical munitions in hidden caches and roadside bombs. Typically 155-millimeter artillery shells or 122-millimeter rockets, they were remnants of an arms program Iraq had rushed into production in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq war. All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them."

Honestly, it's really amusing to see the extreme mental narrowness of a lot of you people - demonstrably ignoring and discarding facts that are right there next to the phrases that rile you up and switch on the Obama/Dems wrong, Bush/Romney/Repubs chants in your heads.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Pffft, NYT...all the news that's fit to make up.

There was a reason his own people referred to Jacques Chirac as Jacque Iraq. He counts as 'the west'. Maybe one of the reasons they flew Mirages? Hmmmmm?

Believe what you will, ignore the current news if you want.

Draco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Pardon the intrusion and forgive me if I’m wrong, it’s been a long day and I’m exhausted. However, I seem to remember a pitch to war that included lines akin to: “the smoking gun may be a mushroom cloud” and a whole big affair about yellow cake uranium. Yes, chemical weapons are WMDs, but I don’t recall people beating war drums with chants of sarin or VX. Anthrax, on the other hand, may have been involved.

Oddly, I seem to also recall this was known around the time that he had such weapons in his inventory. After all, we were buddies with him back when he was unleashing such weapons against the Iranians, were we not? It was my understanding we had a distinction, though perhaps unwritten, that we considered nuclear to be in a category all by itself in the WMD category. Nuclear and radiological were scary, biological would be very bad, and chemical is the least worrisome of the bunch. (As it stands, people are afraid of radiation to much higher degree than, say, VX.)

So, I beg your pardon for my skepticism here. It seems as though the goal posts are being moved; and in a curious way, seeing as we cared little while North Korea developed real nuclear weapons, Iran kicked off a systemic program to do the same, and a vast array of nations have stockpiled chemical weapons. Simply said, I do not believe this war was one of necessity; it was an unforced error, and until something of the mushroom cloud material is found – be it yellow cake or enriched uranium – the whole thing will seem shady to me. I do not expect the war was undertaken with ill intentions, but you know what they say about roads paved in good intentions, right?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

If that's the case, then why aren't these same people clamoring for invasions of Canada and Venezuela?

It seems to have slipped the collective memory that Iraq was subject to certain terms of a ceasefire/quasi-surrender and that it had failed to comply with those terms. Does not the victor have the authority to enforce such terms on the vanquished? And if not, what's the point of ceasefire/surrender agreements?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The reason we invade countries like Iraq and not Rwanda is oil. If you guys don't understand that, well never mind, I'll just back away slowly.

Resources will always be a reason to invade. Trust me my good man.....there will come a day when the citizens demand someone go out and get it. Not today but it will come.

It has been let be known that these weapons were there. Problem....if you call a drug dealer and tell him you will be there in a month or so there will be nothing to find. They knew we were coming.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If that's the case, then why aren't these same people clamoring for invasions of Canada and Venezuela?

It seems to have slipped the collective memory that Iraq was subject to certain terms of a ceasefire/quasi-surrender and that it had failed to comply with those terms. Does not the victor have the authority to enforce such terms on the vanquished? And if not, what's the point of ceasefire/surrender agreements?

And one of the things folks don't know because it was either not reported, or they didn't want to know is he was breaking the agreements after we drove him out of Kuwait every bloody day.

Pump fakes with MiG25's trying to draw our CAPs in, shooting unguided SAMs at our planes every day, even developing new ones that didn't rely on guidance because he knew if he turned on his tracking radars they would vaporize. It was only through vigilance and good deal of luck we didn't have folks die over the no fly zones.

But never mind that...there's this oil meme...and Haliburton and what not. The Alcoa caps must still be resting askew.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And one of the things folks don't know because it was either not reported, or they didn't want to know is he was breaking the agreements after we drove him out of Kuwait every bloody day.

Pump fakes with MiG25's trying to draw our CAPs in, shooting unguided SAMs at our planes every day, even developing new ones that didn't rely on guidance because he knew if he turned on his tracking radars they would vaporize. It was only through vigilance and good deal of luck we didn't have folks die over the no fly zones.

But never mind that...there's this oil meme...and Haliburton and what not. The Alcoa caps must still be resting askew.

There is a certain amount of denial involved. The :koolaid: has been distributed in large quantity's for a long time now.

Top Bottom