• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

From the article: "Please pray for peace in Ferguson tonight and forever," Danny Takhar tweeted. "And the police department really needs to look at what they did last year and today."

What they did TODAY (yesterday)??? Really??? So they should not have returned fire after some knucklehead opened fire on them? Yeah... Walk away Ferguson PD. Let them have at it. Once enough people die and enough property is destroyed, maybe, just MAYBE someone will say, "enough", and then things will change. They also won't have the PD to place the blame on if they're not there.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Give the Media time to to put there obama-drama twist on it..it will turn just fine.....:rolleyes: I'm sure that the busses are filling up quickly with protesters headed that way.... No media coverage at all would solve so many problems.. Sad.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I miss the days when I was a kid and the violent protesters and looters were washed down the streets tumbling like bowling pins with a host of 3" fire hoses and water cannons. It tends to damper peoples spirits.
    It's tough to look kool when you just took a 100 yard slip and slide.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There are way too many people interested in anarchy, and tearing down law enforcement is one of their goals. The race baiting and inciting of hatred is just another tool in their tool basket. It's just another "the government is out to get you" narrative, right up there with the blue helmets coming for your guns and the like that conservatives are targeted by, only the message is tailored for different people.

Anarchy is indeed a dangerous fire to light and get established. Our republic was founded, with a bit of trial and error as evidenced by the complete replacement of the Articles of Confederation, on the notion of having the minimum amount of 'archy' needed to have a civilized and orderly society. Today, we have too much of it through usurpation, but none whatsoever simply won't work and is dangerous to anyone who is not the strongest bully/criminal/miscreant in the area.

I have to disagree with comparing this to the threats directed at conservatives. We have had congressmen and various agents of the Executive Branch, including at times (more than one) president actively attempting to grab our guns this side of the end of Reagan's term in office. We have seen agents of government deliberately engineering 'problem' situations that they 'solved' with hot lead. We have seen official actions attempting to transfer authority from its proper place in the hands of our sovereign republic to the United Nations. This is perfectly serious, publicly declared, and not merely the product of gun shop blowhards talking out the wrong end.

By contrast, I have yet to see in anything approaching recent history any agent of government overtly in his or her official capacity advocating official actions for the purpose of the goals which are in practice furthered by the types of people you mention at the beginning of your post.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What I think is "funny", is that "daddy", asked for PEACEFUL protests .....

He got what he asked for, at least for the most part. It is peaceful as long as the police don't raise a hand to the looters, vandals, et alia.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anarchy is indeed a dangerous fire to light and get established. Our republic was founded, with a bit of trial and error as evidenced by the complete replacement of the Articles of Confederation, on the notion of having the minimum amount of 'archy' needed to have a civilized and orderly society. Today, we have too much of it through usurpation, but none whatsoever simply won't work and is dangerous to anyone who is not the strongest bully/criminal/miscreant in the area.

I have to disagree with comparing this to the threats directed at conservatives. We have had congressmen and various agents of the Executive Branch, including at times (more than one) president actively attempting to grab our guns this side of the end of Reagan's term in office. We have seen agents of government deliberately engineering 'problem' situations that they 'solved' with hot lead. We have seen official actions attempting to transfer authority from its proper place in the hands of our sovereign republic to the United Nations. This is perfectly serious, publicly declared, and not merely the product of gun shop blowhards talking out the wrong end.

By contrast, I have yet to see in anything approaching recent history any agent of government overtly in his or her official capacity advocating official actions for the purpose of the goals which are in practice furthered by the types of people you mention at the beginning of your post.

There are legitimate issues and then there are infowars FEMA death camp NATO going house to house to confiscate guns 9/11 was an inside job crowd. Both sides have their anarchist and overblown anti-government narrative.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did they name the wrong guy or something? Tyrone Harris was the one shot, right? People are arguing that it was someone else... different clothes or something.

If this is already explained, I missed it. Just seeing this fly by this morning.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-tyrone-h...nd-friend-michael-brown-officials-say-2046185

CMDbuUKWEAA68Uy.jpg:large

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There are legitimate issues and then there are infowars FEMA death camp NATO going house to house to confiscate guns 9/11 was an inside job crowd. Both sides have their anarchist and overblown anti-government narrative.

True enough. I was just addressing the point that on our side there is much legitimate threat between believing that the .gov is your friend and going full Alex Jones. On the other hand, there seems to be very little between normal existence and going full Sharpton with violent rioting thrown in for fun and profit. The difference in my reckoning is found in the substance in the middle or lack thereof.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did they name the wrong guy or something? Tyrone Harris was the one shot, right? People are arguing that it was someone else... different clothes or something.

If this is already explained, I missed it. Just seeing this fly by this morning.

Who Is Tyrone Harris? Ferguson Police Critically Wound Friend Of Michael Brown, Officials Say He Shot At Officers

CMDbuUKWEAA68Uy.jpg:large

I thought I read about another shooting that was unrelated to the protests... not a police shooting, but between "civilian actors". Happened on the same street where Brown was shot if I'm remembering correctly.

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    I just saw a guy getting interviewed on CNN say something to the effect that he's "heard the police accounts of the shooting but they can't be trusted because they're coming from Ferguson PD and that they're known liars". Wow, how's that for pre-judging something... er might I say prejudice or even profiling! What I really hear him saying is that prior bad acts by a few group members can and should determine our reaction to the group as a whole. If we follow that logic then "profiling" is not only alright but a solid way to guide our interactions with the entire world. Hmmm....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just saw a guy getting interviewed on CNN say something to the effect that he's "heard the police accounts of the shooting but they can't be trusted because they're coming from Ferguson PD and that they're known liars". Wow, how's that for pre-judging something...

This guy on CNN, what's his INGO user name?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just think back to the "Battle in Seattle," instigated and perpetuated by anarchists, and you'll quickly connect the dots all the way over to Ferguson.
    The same crowd is going to do their level best to connect those dots all the way across the country.
    Oh FYI, it won't be "right-wingers" doing all of this.

Top Bottom