• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Over the past 5 years I have had 3 attempts of young people trying to break into my home which two of the times was in the late morning. The people would ring my door bell many times and then walk around the area of my home looking to see if lights or anything looking like someone might be home after ringing the door bell but they never look into my windows but just case the place. Since I never answer the door to strangers or even acknowledge someone is home these thugs came to the back of my home and tried to kick the back door open. Most likely this is what happen to you which is very common way of breaking into homes now and these thugs go around areas were many people are not home and they look for a home to rob. Ever since the Ben Davis area around 10th street turn into a ***** hole with a lot of scumbag gangs moving into the area apartments this area has turn into a high crime area as was listed as the 2nd highest area from crime in Indy plus if you go on SpotCrime the area will be lit up full of crime. These thugs are now starting to hit subdivisions in Avon, Clermont as we seen the Firearm dealer was rob this weekend and even seen on the news today someone was robbed and tide up on the far NW side of Avon around 5am this morning on 5000 block of East County Road 150 North. It is pretty sad these low life's are hitting areas west of 267 and looking for innocent people to rob now. As the police told me if anyone see's something suspicious to call the police and like I told the police I didn't call them when I seen someone walking around my home because he was black and I didn't want to be considered stereotyping but as the officer said it is better to be safe then sorry because if you have someone walking around your property looking concerned like this person did he is probably up to no good which was the case and in fact always call the police no matter the color of the person when you see this happening to anyone's home in the area of the west side outside of 465 because of the spike in home break ins. I hope they catch these people who broke into your home and it really changes the way you will feel about being safe in your own home after someone try to or has broken into your house.. Oh yes I was able to get a picture of him before I went out to greet him with my shotgun.1468613_10201003735915481_506866912_n.jpg

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    The only other strangers to the house in recent past was an appraiser who took pics inside. That was only a week ago. Not sure what to think.

I'll stick by what I said before. In my own opinion, from the details given it sounds way to clean to be some random stranger, you even mentioned they were able to lock the door behind them, which tells me they didn't kick in or otherwise damage the door to the point of being in operable. Even professional and seasoned thieves cause some sort of damage.....more details about the type of door and locks, point of believed entry,would be helpful. But I don't feel comfortable asking those types of things. That's the polices job, no offense. Just be careful for now. Who ever got in knows how to get in and out quickly and you never know if they may make a second attempt or come back for something they didn't have time to get.

Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    They busted a window for entry and left trough the front door. I won't make it easy for them again...

Top Bottom