• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Someone broke into our home today or early this evening. Stole TVs, computers, iPads, Cannon EOS camera and two guns.

Ruger LCP, two tone
    Sig SP2022 9mm, black and extra mag, both like new.

both loaded & locked in a small safe which they opened.

Came in through back window.

Also took another small safe with other valuables.

Near 10th & Raceway

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry to hear this, we can add this to our stolen firearms thread. if you have additional info (serial #s), pm one of us mods and let us know!

Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks for the concern.

Safe type really doesn't matter in this case since they got the key out of my other small personal safe. Not the best choice I guess...

I had pics of serial numbers but they are on one of the stolen computers. I think I can get them from the companies that I bought them from.

Didn't really think this would ever happen here but I guess it can happen anywhere.

It's a learning lesson. Definitely will be doing several things differently in the future. Just glad it happened when no one was home.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I will, and everyone should keep an eye on armslist, and craigslist. Yes I know you are not allowed to post firearms on CL but people do it all the time.
    Or in the "Barter" section, they get around it by saying "Will trade for things that go bang". So someone could trade them away for something else that isn't stolen.

Sorry that this happened to you. On a personal note, did they trash your house in the process? I have heard recently, that this trend of tearing up the house has gone by the way side, that now they just come in and steal what they want and leave. It is a violation on the most personal level.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    This is right down the road from me... it's getting bad that these criminals keeping moving farther out. Sorry to the OP for having to deal with this.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    So sorry! Get a big dog, yes they are expensive but are so worth it.
    When my GShepherd is going crazy, a would be thief couldn't talk their self into breaking into my home.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks for the concern.

Safe type really doesn't matter in this case since they got the key out of my other small personal safe. Not the best choice I guess...

I had pics of serial numbers but they are on one of the stolen computers. I think I can get them from the companies that I bought them from.

Didn't really think this would ever happen here but I guess it can happen anywhere.

It's a learning lesson. Definitely will be doing several things differently in the future. Just glad it happened when no one was home.

Pics or serial #'s are not required for them to be added to our theft thread, it just provides more info. I've added them to our theft thread using the info you provided in the OP.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Really sorry to hear of your loss, and glad you and your family weren't home when it occurred. Sure hope you can recover your property and the perp(s) are caught.

Most likely someone your family knows or someone who knows someone your family is acquainted with. These things are seldom totally random.

Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks again.

No dogs. We did have 2 Akitas for nearly 14 years. Had to put them down 1 & 2 years ago. May be time to get another one. They didn't trash the house. Got the goods and left through the front door. Even locked it on the way out.

Thanks to to the mods for listing the guns is stolen. Will update with serial numbers ASAP..

Top Bottom