• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I just sorted a large batch of mixed headstamp brass, and I've got some of the Winchester NATO 9mm (WCC with cross in a circle) and some regular WIN marked Winchester brass, is there any reason to keep these two Winchesters seperate?

Right now I'm sorted into
    WCC NATO -Winchester NATO 9mm
    WIN - Winchester
    R.P - Remington
    FC - Federal

MISC - got Sellier and Bellot, Aguila, russian, Midway, A-MERC (never heard of it) and PMC... W-W (Winchester Western, maybe half dozen of them...)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is the WCC NATO crimped in primers ? If so, might keep seperate cause they will require an extra step.

Seperate out any steel cased brass.

I have not been keeping any S&B lately. The past few months any I collect at the range have split in only a few loadings. I never used to have any issues with it. Maybe just a bad run recently ?

Other than that, I tend to sort more for reasons of seperating once fired brass from 10x fired, ect... For just target shooting, I don't really sort by headstamp.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The WCC will have crimped primers, I pitch them. Everything else in the "misc" group with the exception of PMC, I would load once, shoot and not pick up. The Sellier and Beloit have a tendency to be a tight fit when it comes to seating primers, so watch to be sure you get them in properly.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The WCC will have crimped primers, I pitch them. Everything else in the "misc" group with the exception of PMC, I would load once, shoot and not pick up. The Sellier and Beloit have a tendency to be a tight fit when it comes to seating primers, so watch to be sure you get them in properly.

Well out of the 1000 I paid for, about 70% appear to be WCC... They've all been deprimed and swaged, so not too worried about it, dad usually reloads surplus brass the most because 9mm and .223 is what he reloads the most, so he's got the equipment for it.
    As for the MISC pile, that was gonna be my plink and leave it loads anyway...

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I've also read other places the A-MERC is scrap, I don't know exactly why, but, if no one else wants it, I don't either. I sort out the S&B for myself, the primer pockets are tight as two thumbs in a toads butt, so they are loaded for "emergency" use, not recreational use.

The NATO stuff has crimped primers, the 9mm might be a PIA to use, because of the extra work needed to accept primers.

Keep an eye out, it takes quality brass to make quality reloads, if in doubt, pitch it, better safe than sorry.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    New Castle
    I used the A-merc with no problems , I use everything reloadable ,only thing that can be differant is case capacity ,but if not loading for 'max' load that isnt a problem. I would not throw away any brass,who knows what restriction might come down the road.

Top Bottom