• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    +1 for bradis.... maybe you guys can institute a BRADIS REWARDS CARD..... you know.... little punch cards.... and for every 100 dollars you spend you get a whole punched until you get to ten.... then you get ten percent off your next purchase over 100 dollars!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The owners have a set way they do the pricing and as employees there is only so much we can do as far as dealing. If you find a particular firearm at another shop for a lower price we will match it. Now, in order for us to match it that shop has to have it in stock and we must be able to verify it.

Reminder for Simon6101 - Please check on the CZ today if you get a chance - Thanks :yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    But I do feel that returning customers that have bought a couple guns from them should get a better deal than Joe Blow.

I make everybody the best deal I possibly can, within the limits that Simon6101 alluded to. Beyond that, we employees don't get to set policy, so giving us a ration of crap about prices won't do much good. And I gotta say that nothing will make me unwilling to deal faster than a customer who comes in with a chip on his shoulder thinking he's "entitled" to something. :xmad: Not saying you do that (as far as I know, we've never met), but it is not an uncommon occurrence.

I drive about an hour just to make a purchase from you guys, to me that deserves appreciation

We do appreciate it, just as we appreciate all our customers. But we also don't play favorites, and at the end of the day, we are in business to make money. We try to keep our prices competitive, and we also have a price-matching policy. If those two things aren't enough to get the price where you would like it, then perhaps the "intangibles" like service, support and atmosphere will continue to make your drive worthwhile, even if the price is slightly higher. If you're shopping strictly on price, then I certainly don't fault you for going somewhere closer to home if you can get it cheaper there. I've been known to do that myself.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :+1: for Bradis in my book!

Got a hardshell case for my HP 995 at half price yesterday, and a couple of 15 round mags for about $23 each. Better than buying online and dealing with shipping issues. :yesway:

Thanks guys!

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I went to Bradis a few weeks ago. The store was PACKED. (I almost left because I don't care much for crowds, but hubby urged me to stick it out.) To my surprise, I was greeted almost immediately by an older gentleman (I didn't catch his name). He was patient with me, very willing to educate me on any handgun I asked about, and responded to my questions with straight up honest answers. The real topper was that he knew I wasn't prepared to buy a gun that day and he still treated me as if I was about to drop thousands.

Bradis will definitely being seeing me again.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Thank you

That sounds like you dealt with Walt or Bill. We try to treat every customer the same whether they are just wishful shopping, gathering info or ready to buy. We try to treat you like we want to be treated when we are shopping.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I prefer to be left alone to browse but if and when I decide I want to see something and or purchase it I will let them know !:dunno:

I'm the same way. I dont want to feel like im buying a car and thats how the employees at bradis feel too, i believe. My family and I have made many purchases over the past 20 + years and have never had a bad incident.

Just speak up, they cant read your mind.:dunno:

sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    Well let's see, so far I'm short, shy, quiet, sad, sensitive, intimidated, afraid, irresponsible, and unable to send telepathic signals. LOL

Ya know, I debated even starting this thread. I understand that they cannot please everyone that walks though the door. But, like I said before " this isn't the first time this has happened ". Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern. I will go back and I will more than likely purchase the shotgun. I'll just go about it differently. To all the positive responses, thank you , too all the rest, FTW.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I make everybody the best deal I possibly can, within the limits that Simon6101 alluded to. Beyond that, we employees don't get to set policy, so giving us a ration of crap about prices won't do much good. And I gotta say that nothing will make me unwilling to deal faster than a customer who comes in with a chip on his shoulder thinking he's "entitled" to something. :xmad: Not saying you do that (as far as I know, we've never met), but it is not an uncommon occurrence.

I defintely don't come in with an attitude/chip on my shoulder as you put it. I'm as laid back as can be, I just feel that as a reward/appreciation tactic that a little bit off makes one return to do business. I will only ask once usually, "Is that the best price you can do" in a suttle friendly voice. And I don't believe we have met, I will introduce myself the next time I come in. I'll be the guy the size of the "Kool aid" guy walking around.

I'm not saying I deserve special treatment, but being a loyal customer should be treated differently than a guy that comes in kickin the tires on everything.
    We do appreciate it, just as we appreciate all our customers. But we also don't play favorites, and at the end of the day, we are in business to make money. We try to keep our prices competitive, and we also have a price-matching policy. If those two things aren't enough to get the price where you would like it, then perhaps the "intangibles" like service, support and atmosphere will continue to make your drive worthwhile, even if the price is slightly higher. If you're shopping strictly on price, then I certainly don't fault you for going somewhere closer to home if you can get it cheaper there. I've been known to do that myself.
    Understood, wasn't aware of that for some reason. I'll get ahold of you here soon, waiting on my M&P to sell :n00b:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I live north of Westfield and make the trip to Bradis at least once a week sometimes twice. I almost always have a layaway going on. That is a long trip let me tell you, what with the construction on 465. But I do it because they have the best prices and service as far as I'm concerned. Also I don't feel like a customer when I'm in there, I feel like a member of the family, guys and girls! SSWheeler go back and get that shotgun if you want it, if it's one on the rack that you can pick up, just take it to the counter, lay it down and start in on a 4473. Don't let 1 bad time spoil your opinion of these folks. :D :yesway:

sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    I live north of Westfield and make the trip to Bradis at least once a week sometimes twice. I almost always have a layaway going on. That is a long trip let me tell you, what with the construction on 465. But I do it because they have the best prices and service as far as I'm concerned. Also I don't feel like a customer when I'm in there, I feel like a member of the family, guys and girls! SSWheeler go back and get that shotgun if you want it, if it's one on the rack that you can pick up, just take it to the counter, lay it down and start in on a 4473. Don't let 1 bad time spoil your opinion of these folks. :D :yesway:

You're right. I've cooled off now and I think I'll go back and get it. :)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bradis - I moved here two years ago. Since then I've bought five handguns from Bradis out of maybe 6-7 visits.

Each experience:

* I was asked if I could be helped within 120 seconds of entering the store. Saturdays, midweek, slow or the counter so packed I have to squeeze in sideways.
    * Each purchase, they worked with me on the price.

They've treated me well. They don't bug me. They sell me a gun at a great price - typically much less than the same model is being sold for on the Exchange from individuals with no overhead! (What the heck is going on with some private folks thinking their used handgun is worth MSRP+??:rolleyes:)

If I want to trade guns - I go to the exchange.

If I want to buy a gun - based on past experience - I go surfing Bradis.

robitraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have to agree. Their shop is one of the better ones around Indy. I live in noblesville, and will drive the hour just to look around. Much better than Wyatts!!! There prices and customer service have always been good.

Top Bottom