• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    I went to Bradis Sunday. I found a shotgun that I later decided to purchase. I stopped by this evening to buy and was ignored. It was like I was invisable. They were not busy. There was a customer ahead of me and I waited my turn. I waited by the counter for 20 minutes. I didn't speak up, but should I have too? I was the only one standing there. It was obvious that i was there to purchase. I could have "made a scene" but I will just go to AAC insted. By the way, this isn't the first time this has happened. Has anyone else had problems with them? I know alot of you guys are strong supporters of Bradis and I dont want to start a feud, but I really wanted that shotgun. I'm kinda bummed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah I'd be bummed too. This sounds unusual for Bradis (but certainly not impossible).

You ARE taller than the counters, right? :D

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've only been there once and it was a packed madhouse, very busy. But I was able to make my purchase and get on with my day with ease. All I know is, if I want something, I'm pretty vocal. No one has ever accused me of being shy or quiet, but they usually wish I was.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    SSWHEELER, I don't know whats up with your experiance. As much as I hate to
    admit it, I have heard of this before from a cousin of mine who is a big gun guy.
    Like yourself, he said he would never go back again.
    He did and scored a used AR for a song.

I can't speak for them, though I was in there two weeks ago sniffing around and the guy behind the counter was eating a sandwich from Wendy's that he had bought the day before. Said it was the first chance he had to wolf something down.
    Not helping with a customer IS pretty laim and I hate to hear this.
    I have met a few of the guys working there and have always received a lot of free advice whether I was buying or not.
    I will add that there are a couple of guys working out there that are pretty active here INGO.
    I suspect, if you were willing to try again and mention what happened, someone would make you happy.
    It's to good of a place just to write off.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I stopped by this evening to buy and was ignored.

First off, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Whenever I am working, I always try to ask folks at least once if I can help them with anything, but if they say no, I usually leave them to browse and trust they will signal me in some way if they need something.

There was a customer ahead of me and I waited my turn. I waited by the counter for 20 minutes. I didn't speak up, but should I have too? It was obvious that i was there to purchase.

So, the guy ahead of you finished his transaction and left, and you stood there for 20 minutes and didn't say a word as the employees went on about their business? IMO, you should have spoken up if you really wanted the gun like you claim. Maybe it wasn't obvious why you were there; they might have thought you were waiting on someone or were trying to make up your mind about a purchase. We also have lots of customers who just like to come in and hang out. Knowing my coworkers like I do, I really find it hard to believe that you were intentionally ignored.

I could have "made a scene"

Or you could have just said to one of the folks behind the counter "excuse me, but I'd like to buy this gun, can you help me?" I guarantee you would've been helped immediately, and whoever did so would've apologized all over him/herself for not getting to you sooner. Or, you could've just started filling out a 4473 form (there's always a bunch of them on clipboards sitting on the counter); that certainly would've made your intentions obvious and you wouldn't have had to say a word.

If you want to write the shop off over this, that's certainly your perogative. BUT I invite you to come back in this weekend, ask for Mark (that's me), and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    First off, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Whenever I am working, I always try to ask folks at least once if I can help them with anything, but if they say no, I usually leave them to browse and trust they will signal me in some way if they need something.

So, the guy ahead of you finished his transaction and left, and you stood there for 20 minutes and didn't say a word as the employees went on about their business? IMO, you should have spoken up if you really wanted the gun like you claim. Maybe it wasn't obvious why you were there; they might have thought you were waiting on someone or were trying to make up your mind about a purchase. We also have lots of customers who just like to come in and hang out. Knowing my coworkers like I do, I really find it hard to believe that you were intentionally ignored.

Or you could have just said to one of the folks behind the counter "excuse me, but I'd like to buy this gun, can you help me?" I guarantee you would've been helped immediately, and whoever did so would've apologized all over him/herself for not getting to you sooner. Or, you could've just started filling out a 4473 form (there's always a bunch of them on clipboards sitting on the counter); that certainly would've made your intentions obvious and you wouldn't have had to say a word.

If you want to write the shop off over this, that's certainly your perogative. BUT I invite you to come back in this weekend, ask for Mark (that's me), and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Take him up on the offer... bradis is one of the better stores in the area, and can you say that YOU have never had a bad day EVER?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well....... I'm not sure what's more sad. Bradis employees ignoring a customer or an INGO member who doesn't speak-up for himself for 20 minutes. Sorry but I can't feel too sorry for the OP here. :dunno:

Glock23od

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Indianapolis
    well i have been going to Bradis for like 15 years and i have to say the last few times i have been there i always leave saying i will never go back and the last time was really my last time i really hate it because i used to drive the 15 miles almost every week just to see what they had and talk to the employees but lately they have acted like all the other gun shops but even worst than a few like being higher on prices on some hand guns than The POP GUNS gives me the shakes just to say it

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    well i have been going to Bradis for like 15 years and i have to say the last few times i have been there i always leave saying i will never go back and the last time was really my last time i really hate it because i used to drive the 15 miles almost every week just to see what they had and talk to the employees but lately they have acted like all the other gun shops but even worst than a few like being higher on prices on some hand guns than The POP GUNS gives me the shakes just to say it

I'd like to see the example of the price being as high as Popguns on anything in the store. I think that is BS.

Since when did gun owners become so sensitive? Man-up!

I've always been treated well at Bradis, whether it was crowded or not.

Glock23od

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Indianapolis
    well y don't you man up! I'm intitled to my opinion if you want to go to bradis no ones trying to stop you and as far as the BS i don't need to prove any thing but call and get the prices on the Walther P22 and see what they say at both places

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Been there once, it was a good experience and I'd go back. I for one like to be left alone unless I need something, then I speak up...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I like being left alone after an initial hello, unless it's a shop where folks know me well enough to strike up conversation. If I need help, I'll wave some dollar bills in the air :D

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I tried to leave this alone

I tried to leave this thread alone but just couldn't. I will not speak for all the staff at Bradis but for the most of us we try very hard to make every customers experience a pleasant one. With the new president the gun industry has exploded and it has become extremely busy. There are many days that we simply skip lunch trying to wait on every customer that comes through. Most of us will acknowledge a customer when they come in and then leave them alone figuiring that if they need assistance they will ask. I am from the old school of customer service where you just simply don't hound the customer. Shooter521 and I are both Part-timers at the shop and always introduce ourselves to Ingo patrons and also suggest this site to everyone. I, for 1, go out of my way to work with the customer to make sure that the purchase they decided on is exactly what they want. I can't help that you or anyone else has had a bad experience and hope that you would try again but if not I understand that also.
    I really can't believe that anyone would lump us into the same sentence with an eastside shop. Our prices are not ever that high. For some reason a lot of the people here like to complain about pricing but never stop to think about the expense required to have the exact firearm in stock that every customer decides they want. Let's see we have have Employee wages, lights, water, heat, inventory, insurance, alarms, maintenance and delivery fees. The small shops that everyone likes to visit DO NOT make the kind of money everyone seems to think they do. They are not like the chain stores that can buy in large quantity and then store it if necessary.:soapbox: Sorry for the rant but I have grown tired of busting my butt to make every customer happy and then when you have one bad experience you jump on here and scream like __________. You can fill in the blank. I often wonder why the same guys never talk about their good experiences in a gun shop every time they have one.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I tried to leave this thread alone but just couldn't. I will not speak for all the staff at Bradis but for the most of us we try very hard to make every customers experience a pleasant one. With the new president the gun industry has exploded and it has become extremely busy. There are many days that we simply skip lunch trying to wait on every customer that comes through. Most of us will acknowledge a customer when they come in and then leave them alone figuiring that if they need assistance they will ask. I am from the old school of customer service where you just simply don't hound the customer. Shooter521 and I are both Part-timers at the shop and always introduce ourselves to Ingo patrons and also suggest this site to everyone. I, for 1, go out of my way to work with the customer to make sure that the purchase they decided on is exactly what they want. I can't help that you or anyone else has had a bad experience and hope that you would try again but if not I understand that also.
    I really can't believe that anyone would lump us into the same sentence with an eastside shop. Our prices are not ever that high. For some reason a lot of the people here like to complain about pricing but never stop to think about the expense required to have the exact firearm in stock that every customer decides they want. Let's see we have have Employee wages, lights, water, heat, inventory, insurance, alarms, maintenance and delivery fees. The small shops that everyone likes to visit DO NOT make the kind of money everyone seems to think they do. They are not like the chain stores that can buy in large quantity and then store it if necessary.:soapbox: Sorry for the rant but I have grown tired of busting my butt to make every customer happy and then when you have one bad experience you jump on here and scream like __________. You can fill in the blank. I often wonder why the same guys never talk about their good experiences in a gun shop every time they have one.

I agree,I'm sure that not everyone posts about there pleasant encounters. But look at how many good deeds each of us do every day or week or whatever and never get a pat on the back.

I however have left my experience with Bradis https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local_gun_shops/27167-bradis_saves_the_year.html

But I do feel that returning customers that have bought a couple guns from them should get a better deal than Joe Blow. I am looking to get an XDm but unsure as to if I will buy from Bradis due to price. I drive about an hour just to make a purchase from you guys, to me that deserves appreciation :dunno:

I'm about 5 minutes from this location so Mapquest labels me 1hr 11min.
    MapQuest: Driving Directions: North America

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Pricing

The owners have a set way they do the pricing and as employees there is only so much we can do as far as dealing. If you find a particular firearm at another shop for a lower price we will match it. Now, in order for us to match it that shop has to have it in stock and we must be able to verify it.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I go to Bradis about once a week, either for ammo or to just look around and see if there's anything new. I am always greeted as soon as I walk in the door. "Hey Chef" and I have never had a bad experience there. +1 Bradis

Simon, I understand your frustration we in the restaurant industry suffer that same frustration probably more so than in any other industry. People in general are very self centered critical creatures that almost never consider things like how busy or hard anyone else works or tries to cater to them. It takes 1000 atta boys to make up for one awww **** even if the awww **** is due to one persons unfounded conception. (Ask the folks at Olympic Arms about this lol) Its just fact that if a person has what they perceive to be a bad experience they will go out of their way to tell 100 people while when they have an exemplary experience they maybe, maybe tell 10, its just the way of the animal.

If a gentleman stands there for 20 mins and never says anything he certainly felt some intimidation that kept him from doing so, would you really expect a person to accept their own fear and realize the reason for their silence. Or is it more likely that they would get angry and try to lay blame where they had to take no responsibility and not accept or confront their fear. Its just human nature. What are ya gonna do? :dunno:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The owners have a set way they do the pricing and as employees there is only so much we can do as far as dealing. If you find a particular firearm at another shop for a lower price we will match it. Now, in order for us to match it that shop has to have it in stock and we must be able to verify it.

Having been in public service, I know from experience that you cannot please everyone. Over the years, I have bought many firearms from Bradis (and many other) and have never been dissatisfied with my purchase or their service.

Top Bottom