• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've heard this story before on the INGO boards (from one guy, was a long time ago)

Story has it that they have signs posted that say you can't buy a firearm from them without a valid drivers license. There's a story about it that goes back a ways about a guy buying a gun and committing a crime in Chicago maybe? I don't remember all the details... but that's how I remember it.

My thoughts, if there is a sign posted that someone requires a DL to do business, then that's how they do business.

Can't blame the store for that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow, that person's upset. I can see how, too, if his assertions are true. A valid Indiana ID card should be all you need, if you don't have a DL. Don't they have a unique identifying number?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The "more to the story" is that Bradis' store policy is that a valid DL must be presented to purchase a firearm there. They don't accept an ID card if it is not a DL. It's posted about a jillion times throughout the store.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    weird, I wonder if the same medical condition that prevents him from driving might have something to do with it.. or his Id was expired, or just a jerk

EDIT: oh, well if that is store policy...

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I guess the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" in effect. And I bet an ID card may be easier to abtain and or counterfit. Probably dont have one just for the disabled. Dont really know but if its posted its the way it is. Just never heard anything bad about them. surprised me

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The "more to the story" is that Bradis' store policy is that a valid DL must be presented to purchase a firearm there. They don't accept an ID card if it is not a DL. It's posted about a jillion times throughout the store.

I counted a couple weeks ago. I believe the number is just under 2 jillion times.

weird, I wonder if the same medical condition that prevents him from driving might have something to do with it.. or his Id was expired, or just a jerk

EDIT: oh, well if that is store policy...

IIRC they do have a policy for if someone is physically unable to obtain a DL. I am sure someone from Bradis will come along and show is the exact facts.

Only complaint I have with them is they usually dont have any M44's when I am there and want one:D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    We had a new guy here several months ago that went asymptotic over this same fact, especially when most of us called him on it and wouldn't soothe his hurt feelings. Wonder if it's the same guy?

I've been in plenty of gun stores where the owners or clerks are jerks. Bradis has never been one of them and they get plenty of my money.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am 99.9999999999999999999999999% certain that I know who posted that on HT. If I am correct, that person used to be a member here....used to be......

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I like the part about him going to "talk to his lawyer in the morning". If that is the store policy, then thats the store policy. You don't like it you can always go someplace else. It just goes to show how much of a low life this person is to post this on Hoosier Topics. What a douche bag. :n00b:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I like the part about him going to "talk to his lawyer in the morning". If that is their store policy, thats the store policy. You don't like it you can always go someplace else. It just goes to show how much of a low life this person is to post this on Hoosier Topics. What a douche bag. :n00b:

Yeah...and like the lawyer is going to get a court order to force Bradis to sell to him? :):

Top Bottom