• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    DeLynn Woodside, an Oklahoma City teacher, performed a "citizen's arrest" to arrest a 13-year-old student in her classroom, for illegally possessing a Sharpie permanent marker. The boy (allegedly) was writing on a piece of paper prior to the arrest.

I expect the teachers on the forum to start getting defensive and desperately try and justify Woodside's actions.

Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession

Please, someone remind me that if we don't like crazy tyrannical laws we can just go down to the courthouse and get them changed. :laugh6:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wait.

I'm confused on this one.

Are we supposed to be pissed at the cops or at the teacher who signed the complaint therefore making a citizen's arrest?

Are all teachers the devil now too?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    truck stop bathrooms

This woman should be given a medal and be promoted to bathroom security at any truck stop in the nation.:draw: :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    If she's as tired of stupid graffiti as I am.. It isn't even witty any more. :xmad: Just stupid and racist and queers posting their phone #'s for other travelling homos:rolleyes:. Come on . . . . thats what the internet is for.:dunno:

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    This woman should be given a medal and be promoted to bathroom security at any truck stop in the nation.:draw: :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    If she's as tired of stupid graffiti as I am.. It isn't even witty any more. :xmad: Just stupid and racist and queers posting their phone #'s for other travelling homos:rolleyes:. Come on . . . . thats what the internet is for.:dunno:

Bwhahahahaha! for the win!

amen!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wait.

I'm confused on this one.

Are we supposed to be pissed at the cops or at the teacher who signed the complaint therefore making a citizen's arrest?

Are all teachers the devil now too?

You can take every story I post as a personal knock on your career, or you can see the forest through the trees. We are not free. Notice I don't criticize professionals who follow the constitution. They get a +1 for following their oath.

I don't hate cops. I was a cop's best man in his wedding, if you can believe that. I don't hate teachers either. Oh and I don't hate health care professionals either.

Want to know what I hate, if it is so unclear after thousands of rantings? Ridiculous laws, and ridiculous application of the laws. Total bastardization of the constitution. Infringing on people's rights. Bans on arbitrary items. People on power trips. Abusers of power. Tyrants who get off on the above.

I spend a great deal of time reading about the Police State that America is turning into. That is a general term that illustrates the failures in all 3 branches of government (not proof that I hate police). I think people are asleep and need to see the tyranny at hand or nothing will ever change. You can get offended or give me some hope for America -- Tell me that you wouldn't have arrested this kid for holding a marker. Tell me what you see is dead wrong.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

I'm pretty sure gas station bathroom attendant isn't a promotion.

How do you know the phone numbers posted on the stalls ring a queer?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You can take every story I post as a personal knock on your career, or you can see the forest through the trees. We are not free. Notice I don't criticize professionals who follow the constitution. They get a +1 for following their oath.

I don't hate cops. I was a cop's best man in his wedding, if you can believe that. I don't hate teachers either. Oh and I don't hate health care professionals either.

Want to know what I hate, if it is so unclear after thousands of rantings? Ridiculous laws, and ridiculous application of the laws. Total bastardization of the constitution. Infringing on people's rights. Bans on arbitrary items. People on power trips. Abusers of power. Tyrants who get off on the above.

I spend a great deal of time reading about the Police State that America is turning into. That is a general term that illustrates the failures in all 3 branches of government (not proof that I hate police). I think people are asleep and need to see the tyranny at hand or nothing will ever change. You can get offended or give me some hope for America -- Tell me that you wouldn't have arrested this kid for holding a marker. Tell me what you see is dead wrong.

You also assume the worst in every scenario and constantly post every story you can find that could possibly be viewed or interpreted as wrong.

Guess what? I was arrested when I was around 12 for stealing. You want to know why I was arrested? Because my Father (a policeman) wanted me arrested. I got to go down and get fingerprinted by people that I had known all of my life. It was incredibly humiliating and was a lesson I have never forgotten. I'm glad he did it and you can bet your life it won't ever happen again but I was one hell of a wild child and that was just what I needed.

I have also arrested kids at their parent's request when I would not normally have made an arrest. Now had some ratings hungry media puke gotten wind of it I'm sure they would have written a story about it which could have been construed by someone as further proof of the Police State in which we're all being forced to live.

We probably agree on more issues than we disagree but we have vastly different approaches I guess. I believe about 5% of what any media outlet in this country puts out, there is always a slant. Sometimes "the system" can actually be used for good.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I'm pretty sure gas station bathroom attendant isn't a promotion.

How do you know the phone numbers posted on the stalls ring a queer?

I traved to Atlanta and every restroom said somthing about what that male truck driver was looking for was pretty gross and praphic next time im gonna pee in an empty bottle

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You also assume the worst in every scenario and constantly post every story you can find that could possibly be viewed or interpreted as wrong.

Guess what? I was arrested when I was around 12 for stealing. You want to know why I was arrested? Because my Father (a policeman) wanted me arrested. I got to go down and get fingerprinted by people that I had known all of my life. It was incredibly humiliating and was a lesson I have never forgotten. I'm glad he did it and you can bet your life it won't ever happen again but I was one hell of a wild child and that was just what I needed.

I am guilty of being a bit of a pessimist. Hopefully there is a bright side to this. Maybe that kid will develop a deeper respect for the law, now that he's been worked over by the system. Also another wall has been saved from defacement. Hey, I'm trying here. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Rules are rules. String him up.

For some, the question is about the existence of rules with no apparent purpose or protection. A bad law is no law at all IMO.

If a rule said you couldn't possess more than 100 rounds of ammo without being charged with mounting a rebellion against the government, are you gonna stick by your "rules is rules" statement? It's not that far off, you know.

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    I knew it was illegal for children under the age of 18 to purchase permanent markers, but I was not aware that it was illegal for children to USE them... Hmm... I think that's a little over-board. Not every child out there is trying to get high off of sniffing Sharpies...

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    For some, the question is about the existence of rules with no apparent purpose or protection. A bad law is no law at all IMO.

If a rule said you couldn't possess more than 100 rounds of ammo without being charged with mounting a rebellion against the government, are you gonna stick by your "rules is rules" statement? It's not that far off, you know.

Oh I forgot...people like you need a special font to understand sarcasm.

Personally, I'm for the elimination of all laws - real freedom, real liberty. Libertopia, if you will. Since you quote so many of my posts, I'm surprised you didnt notice the glaring contrast there...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I knew it was illegal for children under the age of 18 to purchase permanent markers, but I was not aware that it was illegal for children to USE them... Hmm... I think that's a little over-board. Not every child out there is trying to get high off of sniffing Sharpies...

Its illegal for a kid to buy markers??

I thought this insanity was confined to Oklahoma.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Oh I forgot...people like you need a special font to understand sarcasm.

Personally, I'm for the elimination of all laws - real freedom, real liberty. Libertopia, if you will. Since you quote so many of my posts, I'm surprised you didnt notice the glaring contrast there...
    C'mon, man. No need to be ****ty. In the absence of any contextual clues, how am I supposed to know you didn't mean it literally? Couple that with the fact that there are some on here who actually would mean it that way, it's not outside the realm of reasonable to see how I took your comment at face value.

I don't pay attention to the authors of posts very often. With a few exceptions, I haven't the foggiest idea who posts what in terms of their world view. So while you might think I've singled you out, it's got absolutely nothing to do with you, just the stuff you post. :dunno: Sorry to disappoint.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wow, it looks like that teacher actually ATE the boy after effectuating a citizens arrest. I don't really think THAT was necessary.

Seriously though, we are living in a country where, it would seem, anyone can be arrested for anything at anytime. I don't see how anybody here can celebrate or defend garbage like this and call yourself Americans. Disgusting!:twocents:

Top Bottom