• ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks Dave
    It was a fun time, thank's for putting it on.

And we all stand humbled by the old revo guy, Bob Wolford!!

Way to go Bob :patriot:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Yeah it was a good time. I had to bail out as well after the first round.

Saw a lot of friendly faces from FNS, I'll see you guys in about 2 weeks! :ingo:

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    Had a great time for my first Texas Star Shoot. Bill got me in the semi finals. But I'm happy with my performance. Good Job to everyone. A lot of good competition. I'm looking forward to the next one and future events. See you guys in a couple of weeks at FNS.:ar15:

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Thanks John & Don for putting on a great match! I had a good time & got in some much needed practice after the match. I bet I shot the star 15+ times today! That was worth the price of admission alone. I have a suggestion to up the cool factor of the match. What if you added a cross over popper in the middle of the stars? It would add one extra round to the course & you wouldn't have to watch so closely for a winner. It would be definite who the winner is. There were some close shoot offs today!

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Dang! Wanting to join MCF&G and have been impatiently waiting for the first Tues of the month to get here to go down there. Wish I had read this thread sooner! Looks like a great time was had.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a suggestion to up the cool factor of the match. What if you added a cross over popper in the middle of the stars? It would add one extra round to the course & you wouldn't have to watch so closely for a winner. It would be definite who the winner is. There were some close shoot offs today!

LOL Don has been suggesting that same thing for at least a year! I guess I should just give in and get it done.

Thanks for coming down today.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ideas for future matches

Here is the feedback that we got from folks that attended. The goal here is not to have any personal attacks, but just to lay out the facts so that we can use this info to make the match better in the future.

1) Not enough shooting. If you get knocked out early in the competition, you've got to wait a LONG time before the next bracket. If we added 2 more targets in the South bays, that would speed things up about 50%.
    2) Cross-over poppers. Sounds like a great idea to help eliminate the argument about who won.
    3) Possibly use different types of targets? Wouldn't have to use 4 Texas stars; could use stars in 1 bay and something else in the other (plate racks, pins, stationary steel, etc.). The goal here is to keep the pressure of head-to-head competition, but not to limit the target selection.

In order to pull this off, we're going to need the following:
    1) Enough money to buy additional targets. The Match brought in about $180, half of which goes to Bowling Pins to upgrade stuff. The other half goes to the club. Since Texas stars cost ~$750, we've got some saving to do if we need new targets.
    2) Continued interest. I wasn't sure if we got a big turnout due to the one-time uniqueness of the match, or if the long-term interest in the match would continue. The only way to know is to keep doing it.
    3) More RO's to run the other bay, if that is what we plan to do.

Anybody else have any thoughts? I had a really fun time yesterday, and I think that with a few improvements, we could see our "Bowling Pins" day turn into a "Saturday Showdown" or something similar (anybody got a better name?).

Top Bottom