• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    So my dad bought a used darton bow today. Very nice bow and it came with a drop away rest. I shoot a quicktune 360 on my parker bow and am pretty accurate.

Thing is he offered me the drop away. It reatils for about 70.00 bucks and i can get it for free.

Do i even go down the path of switching drop away for my quicktune? Will i get better results? I have only ever shot the quicktune.

Just curious.

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    If you are shooting real good with your setup now, why change? It is up to you on this one. I myself, just use a whisker biscuit on my hunting bow...

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If you're gonna change now is the time. You have most the summer and if you don't like it just go back to the other. I have 2 different rests I use. I use a drop away for 3D and I use a wisker biscut for hunting. I like it because the arrow can't accidently fall off.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What do you use your bow for mainly?

Myself, I went down the drop away route, then switched back to a biscuit. For a hunting rig I will hold firm that so far a full containment rest is the best bet for hunting....

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Only advantage I could see to change is if you thought a deer might walk right under you, then a W/B would really come in handy

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not just under you. They are great cause your arrow can't accidently fall off during draw or when you pick up your bow. I know they slow you down a bit, but it is worth it.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Ditto, if you're shooting well with what you have, don't mess with it. I also use a Whisker Biscuit for hunting There's a myth about them, that they make noise on release that spooks the dear. It does, but by the time the deer hears it, it's too late, the arrow has already gone through him.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Thanks Guys for all the input. I think I am leaning toward the whisker biscuit. I was looking at the Trophy Ridge Sure Shot since it has elevation adjs as well. Might not need to reset my knock if I can adjust elevation...sound right?

Be on the lookout for the Quicktune 360 in the classifieds someday :ingo:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Ditto, if you're shooting well with what you have, don't mess with it. I also use a Whisker Biscuit for hunting There's a myth about them, that they make noise on release that spooks the dear. It does, but by the time the deer hears it, it's too late, the arrow has already gone through him.

I'm not sure this is true because sound travels at 1125 fps and your arrow is only traveling at 250 to 350 fps. Thats why a deer can "jump the string". :twocents:

Someone that has more bow experience than me can enlighten us on this.

Top Bottom