• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmckinzi351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Lebanon
    I live near Lebanon and would like to find a nice place to shoot. Just getting started in the shooting world and need a safe place to practice. Anybody have any suggestions?

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    MCF&G

Come on out to Marion County Fish and Game here on the west side of Indy. It is a great club full of good people. There is a lot that the club offers to members.

You can join on the first Tuesday of the month at our membership meetings starting at 7:00PM. Check out the Membership page for more information about joining including the new training requirement.

I give the safety orientation during the meeting.

I hope to see you there.

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    I will be visiting my daughter in Indy in a couple of weeks. The Marion County F & G looks like it is close enough to where she lives to be of interest. I went to their web site and saw info on how to join but was not sure if only members could shoot. goColt can you verify that only members can shoot, please?
    Thanks
    PS any recommendations in that area if MCFAG is not an option?
    Richard

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I live in Lebanon. There is a conservation club right inside Lebanon. 50$ a year. I have been a member the last 5-6 years. The range goes out to 100 yards. Decent facility. You also get a decent private pond to fish in.

bmckinzi351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Lebanon
    I live in Lebanon. There is a conservation club right inside Lebanon. 50$ a year. I have been a member the last 5-6 years. The range goes out to 100 yards. Decent facility. You also get a decent private pond to fish in.
    Do you know where i could find more info on this range? Like hours you can shoot and if you can bring a guest and what kind of guns can you shoot there?

Thanks

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I will be visiting my daughter in Indy in a couple of weeks. The Marion County F & G looks like it is close enough to where she lives to be of interest. I went to their web site and saw info on how to join but was not sure if only members could shoot. goColt can you verify that only members can shoot, please?
    Thanks
    PS any recommendations in that area if MCFAG is not an option?
    Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your interest in MCF&G. Yes, we are a private, members-only club but there are special events that are open to the public. IE: Trap Night, Friday Night Steel, Bowling Pins, Juniors, etc.

Check the Programs page for more info.

Sincerely,

Chris

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Stop in on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm to join. Must be a Boone county resident.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    Do you know where i could find more info on this range? Like hours you can shoot and if you can bring a guest and what kind of guns can you shoot there?

Thanks

It's not just a range, but a conservation club that has a range. Summer range hours are 9-6 Monday through Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. When daylight savings comes around the hours go to 9-5 and 12-4. You can't bring any guest but anyone in your immediate family is welcome. The pond is open 24 hours a day but no camping.

The range rules are on a board right by the gate. You can see them from outside the fence. Since it's near houses there's a 5 second shot rule which I find is the only draw back...especially when shooting a pistol.

A second option depending where in Lebanon you are would be the Crawfordsville Gun Club on 47 just past Darlington. $35 dollars for a year membership. Here you can bring guests, but they want them to join after a visit or two. You can also shoot from sun up to sun down.

I am a member of both of these. Since it's been so hot I've been going to Crawfordsville more because I can go at 7 pm and shoot while the suns going down.

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    Thanks for the info on MCF&G. I was pretty sure it was members only but did not see that exact reference. Thanks.

Top Bottom