• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I caught the end of the race, Ryan Blaney won the race and stopped out at the start finish line to be interviewed. As soon as Ryan is done Bubba comes strolling out from pit lane and right up to the camera. He began high fiving his "fans", about eight of them, all dressed in their BLM t-shirts. The reporter then began interviewing him as if he had won the race. While pointing at his "fans" he put NASCAR fans on notice that "the sport is changing".

Yup bubba it sure is and all the money will be leaving soon enough because of dip**** non driving grand standers such as your self. They are actually this stupid.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yup bubba it sure is and all the money will be leaving soon enough because of dip**** non driving grand standers such as your self. They are actually this stupid.
    This is why I won’t watch anymore. He’s a 25th place car, hardly somebody to rally the sport behind. NASCAR needs to change, but not in the way they’re thinking. I’ll keep my viewership for something I support. Hopefully advertisements see that the ratings aren’t there anymore and put their sponsors into something else. I’ll stick with the world of outlaws

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why I won’t watch anymore. He’s a 25th place car, hardly somebody to rally the sport behind. NASCAR needs to change, but not in the way they’re thinking. I’ll keep my viewership for something I support. Hopefully advertisements see that the ratings aren’t there anymore and put their sponsors into something else. I’ll stick with the world of outlaws

TV money is what keeps that goat rope alive. The stands barely keep the tracks open. If even that.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am done with Nascrap as well......and I have given them a lot of money and support over the years. To be honest, I pretty much stopped watching when Jeff retired......not much to offer me anymore.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I caught the end of the race, Ryan Blaney won the race and stopped out at the start finish line to be interviewed. As soon as Ryan is done Bubba comes strolling out from pit lane and right up to the camera. He began high fiving his "fans", about eight of them, all dressed in their BLM t-shirts. The reporter then began interviewing him as if he had won the race. While pointing at his "fans" he put NASCAR fans on notice that "the sport is changing".

Already knew this. Good luck with whatever demographic you’re chasing NASCAR. First, you ruined the racing now you’re playing the SJW cards to try and attract fans. Good luck. It won’t work with me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My hatred of "conspiracy theories" is really wrestling with my belief that publicists are capable of anything....anything. [SUB](even a perfectly timed event which allows NASCAR and its drivers to stake out a "brave" position on the "right side of history")[/SUB]

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    My hatred of "conspiracy theories" is really wrestling with my belief that publicists are capable of anything....anything. [SUB](even a perfectly timed event which allows NASCAR and its drivers to stake out a "brave" position on the "right side of history")[/SUB]

This is from 2007. It was happening before then of course. NASCAR is capable of anything.

Two-time champion Tony Stewart charges that NASCAR is rigged like pro wrestling. He said officials control races by throwing bogus caution flags for debris on the track. “They can almost dictate the race instead of the drivers doing it. It’s happened too many times this year," said Stewart on his Sirius Satellite Radio radio show.

Link below for those wanting to learn more of what NASCAR is capable of doing.
    https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/2270/is-the-daytona-500-rigged

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is from 2007. It was happening before then of course. NASCAR is capable of anything.

Two-time champion Tony Stewart charges that NASCAR is rigged like pro wrestling. He said officials control races by throwing bogus caution flags for debris on the track. “They can almost dictate the race instead of the drivers doing it. It’s happened too many times this year," said Stewart on his Sirius Satellite Radio radio show.

Link below for those wanting to learn more of what NASCAR is capable of doing.
    https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/2270/is-the-daytona-500-rigged

I think we all suspected as much when the biggest stories of the year continually won pole at the biggest race of the year for a few years straight. Danica Patrick won pole. They changed the chase and allowed 13 cars into the chase, so Jeff Gordon could be in the chase (wtf?). I liked Jeff, but that’s pretty blatant. #3 car returns to Daytona, wins pole. Jeff announces retirement, wins pole. Chase Elliot takes over the 24 car, wins pole.

That’s an awful lot of “coincidences” at the biggest race of the year. I don’t buy it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Reading the tv ratings for talladega, they’re claiming viewer ratings are “up”. So I did some digging.

2017- spring race had a 3.5 rating (5.9 million viewers)
    2017 fall race had a 2.8 rating (4.7 million viewers)

2018- spring race had a 2.9 rating (4.7 million viewers)
    2018- fall race had a 2.2 rating (3.5 million viewers)

2019- spring race had a 2.8 rating (doesn’t say how many viewers, but going from previous years 2.8 will be around 4.6 million-ish)
    2019- fall race doesn’t give the rating, but averaged 1.5 million viewers.

Yesterdays race had a rating of 2.2, which is on par with the 2018 fall race, which competes with the nfl for views. Also add talladega and Daytona are usually the highest watched races, and there are no other sports on tv right now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just heard on WTHR... No federal charges to be filed in Bubba's "noose incident"... and that the "noose" (aka door pull) may have been in the garage since at least October. Now does anyone think that there will be a retraction or apology from Bubba or NASCAR? Yeah... me neither. I hate ****ing liars.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team’s arrival and garage assignment. We appreciate the FBI’s quick and thorough investigation and are thankful to learn that this was not an intentional, racist act against Bubba. We remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who love racing.”

Yep, no apology coming.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...fbi-investigation-at-talladega-superspeedway/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just heard on WTHR... No federal charges to be filed in Bubba's "noose incident"... and that the "noose" (aka door pull) may have been in the garage since at least October. Now does anyone think that there will be a retraction or apology from Bubba or NASCAR? Yeah... me neither. I hate ****ing liars.

The funny thing is, this proves it was all for attention. You can’t tell me he never saw it in the garage before, and mistook it for a noose suddenly?

**** NASCAR. I love motor sports, I’d watch anything with an engine that’s on tv. I remember watching boat racing when it was on. I’ll never turn on a NASCAR race again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The funny thing is, this proves it was all for attention. You can’t tell me he never saw it in the garage before, and mistook it for a noose suddenly?

**** NASCAR. I love motor sports, I’d watch anything with an engine that’s on tv. I remember watching boat racing when it was on. I’ll never turn on a NASCAR race again.

Yeah, I think I'm done too. I could deal with the rule changes, and whatnot, but this was the last straw. They've forgotten their roots.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, I think I'm done too. I could deal with the rule changes, and whatnot, but this was the last straw. They've forgotten their roots.
    Amen.

The funny thing is, I didn’t mind bubba Wallace at all. I thought he was really respectful, never played the race card, never mentioned politics. I actually respected the guy. Not now. The cats out the bag, now he’s showed his true colors (not in that way). NASCAR should have never got in the business of discussing politics

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Amen.

The funny thing is, I didn’t mind bubba Wallace at all. I thought he was really respectful, never played the race card, never mentioned politics. I actually respected the guy. Not now. The cats out the bag, now he’s showed his true colors (not in that way). NASCAR should have never got in the business of discussing politics

Yep, same here. No more. Just another SJW now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    How the hell do you not know the difference between a door pull v/s a noose! What a crock of ****! I don't buy it at all. I'm guessing every single Nascar garage area has rope pulls.
    Nothing but a political stunt. Bubba Wallace is a douchebag!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    How the hell do you not know the difference between a door pull v/s a noose! What a crock of ****! I don't buy it at all. I'm guessing every single Nascar garage area has rope pulls.
    Nothing but a political stunt. Bubba Wallace is a douchebag!

At least the version I heard, he never saw it. It was somebody on his team. So take that for what it’s worth. :dunno:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I suspected it would be a Jussie Smollett type of noose (loop of twisted rope).
    Fox 59 reported that the FBI determined that the noose had been there for 6 months. Never said a word about it being A DOOR PULL. Thank you INGO for filling in the blanks that the media conveniently forgets to mention.

Top Bottom