Mooresville

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am curious if NASCAR has had a chat with Ryan Newman, his favorite daily driver is a General Lee.

A few years back when Ryan was still driving for PRS I had the chance to meet Ryan ( met him a few times since then ). We chated about his car collection and I told him he needed a "real" Charger. I showed him pictures of my black 69 and he actually kept them. I had heard a year later he had bought himself a General. I am not saying I influenced the man but I did think it was nice timing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    just drinking the kool-aid......i'm done with them...
    Same.

I’ll let them know my displeasure by not giving them my views. Enough people stop watching they’ll either admit they made a mistake or collapse.

I heard they didn’t show the national anthem or prayer on tv? From what I read they’re not showing it on television anymore. No idea how true that is

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks like God is still having a problem with NASCAR's alliance with the terrorists?

Just tuned in a bit ago to see if any "heroes" kneeled for the National Anthem. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nascar has been heading down hill since the 80's when they decided that race cars were too fast and added restricter plates.

Insurance underwriters have put the Kybosh on breaking records.

Plate racing is designed to give the fans a better product. Racing is not a product unless you are a high dollar cooperate sponsor. This was the death-nell of Pro racing. To much damned money. They have lost the reason we all went racing to begin with.....we loved it. Period.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Insurance underwriters have put the Kybosh on breaking records.

Plate racing is designed to give the fans a better product. Racing is not a product unless you are a high dollar cooperate sponsor. This was the death-nell of Pro racing. To much damned money. They have lost the reason we all went racing to begin with.....we loved it. Period.
    The almighty dollar has ruined sports in general. Anytime something becomes fun money gets involved and the fun fades.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The almighty dollar has ruined sports in general. Anytime something becomes fun money gets involved and the fun fades.

Yes sir. I live very close to the 500 here in Indy. I have a lot of involvement in the circles around here that set the pace before the IRL idiocy. Teams could operate out of the shops on Gasoline ally and be very competitive. Now you need 5 solid acres of open shop space under roof and a matching amount for the trucks and hospitality rigs. It has morphed into a beast that needs serious cash flow.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    NASCAR has been losing fans for years, sometimes I wonder if they say and do things to get people to watch them to get a new audience. With stages and other changes, the old fans are not watching as much. NASCAR was good for a few weeks when they were the only sport to return to live racing. Now Indy car, horse racing, premier league soccer, and super cross is back to live sports with more to come.

Top Bottom