• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nice day for a race. I think they forgot to announce to the fine folks in Vegas there was a race today. Maybe 30 percent attendance I am guessing.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    If you are watching the race today at Las Vegas, pay attention to the rear quarter panels on #38 JH Nemechek. It says "Berry's" and looks like a bullet at the 's'. Is that the Berry Bullets folks?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Checked in with 71 to go. Snoozed off with 10 to go. Woke up to Lagonos people telling him to pit and he stayed out. Looks like that payed off. Who pits with 5 to go.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not with that much track position lost. How many actual green flag laps did they turn after that. I think 2 but it could have been 3. That's crazy. 10 laps yes. Not 2 or 3 as was the actual outcome.

Yup 2 laps. It might of worked if only 2 or maybe even 4 stayed out, but 6 did and then there were 3 others that took 2 tires only in between those that took 4. Very small chance that's gonna work with only 2 to go

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup 2 laps. It might of worked if only 2 or maybe even 4 stayed out, but 6 did and then there were 3 others that took 2 tires only in between those that took 4. Very small chance that's gonna work with only 2 to go

Too much ground to make up on a restart where the tires do not make as much difference so maybe 1 full lap at speed. Nope.....dumb idea.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yeah. Seemed pretty boring. Had it on the tube but was grilling a roast and double baked potatoes as well as decapping and resizing some 450 bushmaster cases while it was on. More for some background noise than anything else

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. Seemed pretty boring. Had it on the tube but was grilling a roast and double baked potatoes as well as decapping and resizing some 450 bushmaster cases while it was on. More for some background noise than anything else

Used to do that in the shop. Just hi-HP back ground noise. Watch the last 10 or so.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This weekend they’re racing on the internet because of coronavirus. Here’s Kyle Busch practicing for tomorrow’s race

[video=youtube;KGn-Py7KKkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGn-Py7KKkQ[/video]

Iracing is a lot of fun. For those who don’t know it’s a simulation, cars and tracks are laser scanned to give the most realistic results possible. Tony Stewart and a lot of other drivers regularly get on and race, and some were in the development process.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This weekend they’re racing on the internet because of coronavirus. Here’s Kyle Busch practicing for tomorrow’s race

Iracing is a lot of fun. For those who don’t know it’s a simulation, cars and tracks are laser scanned to give the most realistic results possible. Tony Stewart and a lot of other drivers regularly get on and race, and some were in the development process.

I may be touched in the head, but I'd be more inclined to watch 4 hours of that, and the drivers s*** talking each other, than an actual NASCAR race.

Also, I've never played iRacing, but most driving sims penalize you heavily for front running out of the draft like that. If iRacing is anything like the others, Kyle is a beast for pulling on those guys like he was. I've obviously never been a NASCAR driver so I don't know how realistic any of that is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had to go look... It really is surprisingly realistic! If I'd have tuned in without knowing it was iRacing I wonder how long it would've taken me to realize it. :):

Top Bottom