Bloomberg and Everytown backfiring bigtime...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    THANK YOU, Bloomberg. Great ad on WHY women should carry / own a firearm.

Excellent discussion with the 4 ladies on 'The View'.

Lara Spencer said she'd 'never have a gun in her home'. That's fine. I think she's wrong, but I respect her opinion and her CHOICE not to do so.

I ALSO respect the right and the CHOICE of McCarthy, Shepherd, and Huddy to do so.

THAT choice is the point.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    wait, that ad was to try and convince people why guns are bad?

I thought it was a very effective example of a woman's (and likely a child's too) life that would have been saved by a gun.

you saw how effective 911 and the restraining order were.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Wait...somebody watches The View?

Wait...Huddy and McCarthy are on The View? Maybe I need to watch The View.

I'm sure ABC wishes they could take that segment back. The audience though dutifully applauded the "I won't have a gun in a house with children" position.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - gun ownership shouldn't be a Dem/Rep issue. Everyone is vulnerable regardless of their politics. Real people in their hearts, when they're alone and believe there could be a threat, understand. 911 can't save you. You are responsible for your own safety (even OSHA knows that). 2A is for Dems and Reps. Lot of Dems in my family in Kentucky that defend 2A.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - gun ownership shouldn't be a Dem/Rep issue. Everyone is vulnerable regardless of their politics. Real people in their hearts, when they're alone and believe there could be a threat, understand. 911 can't save you. You are responsible for your own safety (even OSHA knows that). 2A is for Dems and Reps. Lot of Dems in my family in Kentucky that defend 2A.

Same here. They carry everyday. But they also believe in having to requalify with your firearm every year...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Same here. They carry everyday. But they also believe in having to requalify with your firearm every year...

None of mine do, but to me those are details. At least we're not doing the 2A ABC's, at least we're both on the side of self protection being a given. Would that everyone were at least on that page.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Focusing on the public service announcement; Did the gun grabbers even watch the final version before putting it out to the public? By showing that 911 and police response will not be fast enough, the only logical reaction to this scenario is that one needs to take personal responsibility for his/her own protection.

It is hard to dispute that if the mother in this scenario had a gun, the threat would have been neutralized the moment he broke through the front door. Talk about your all time backfires!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Funny how the commercial focuses on the bad guy with the gun. I mean we all know that scenario has never happened with a knife, baseball bat, brick, crowbar, scissors, etc.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Wait...somebody watches The View?

Wait...Huddy and McCarthy are on The View? Maybe I need to watch The View.

I'm sure ABC wishes they could take that segment back. The audience though dutifully applauded the "I won't have a gun in a house with children" position.

Thor, not only will Huddy and McCarthy be on there tomorrow, but so will Emily Miller. :drool: My mom's gonna question why I'm recording it, but I wanna see what they have to talk to her about.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Thor, not only will Huddy and McCarthy be on there tomorrow, but so will Emily Miller. :drool: My mom's gonna question why I'm recording it, but I wanna see what they have to talk to her about.

Emily-Miller-1.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Funny how the commercial focuses on the bad guy with the gun. I mean we all know that scenario has never happened with a knife, baseball bat, brick, crowbar, scissors, etc.

Even those committed to stopping domestic violence acknowledge that there are other ways for domestic violence to occur. The dimwits at Everytown for mayors against guns /moms demand action just don't care.

This is from a recent article re: this ad.New ad sheds light on domestic violence, gun control - TheIndyChannel.com

"It's a very emotionally triggering ad, which I think is the purpose of the promoter of the ad," said Julia Kathary, executive director of Coburn Place Safe Haven.

Moms Demand Action founder and Zionsville mom Shannon Watts said women in the U.S. are 11 times more likely to be killed with guns than in any other developed country. She believes the gaps in our laws leave women at risk.

"It's a very heated and emotional debate about gun control so we don't want to lose the issue of domestic violence within that heated emotional debate," Kathary said.

The ad calls out three U.S. senators who represent Nevada, Arizona and New Hampshire and asks them to consider laws to keep domestic abusers from having access to guns.

Kathary*said the big issue is keeping abusers from gaining access to their victims.

"Domestic violence victims, there are a number of them that are killed with guns and there are a number that are strangled, stabbed, murdered with weapons of convenience," Kathary said.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

Well OF COURSE domestic violence or any other violence never happens without a gun being present, silly buns! Before those mean, nasty firearms were invented, all of the major battles (like the Battles of Thermopylae, Sekigahara, Plataea, the 1258 Siege of Baghdad, Battle of Red Cliff, etc.) were "fought" with pillows, Super-soakers, spitballs, and feather tickling! No male could/would never-ever-ever-ever use his fists to beat up his girlfriend or a knife to hurt his ex-wife...just ask Rihanna or Nicole Simpson!!?!

:n00b:

"Domestic violence victims, there are a number of them that are killed with guns and there are a number that are strangled, stabbed, murdered with weapons of convenience," Kathary said.

Nonsense! Ekspurts like Mike Bloomberg, Sarah Brady, and Shannon Watts tell us that the only violence that exists is GUN Violence, so...

head-in-sand.png
    !!!"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The position of "I have two kids, I won't have a gun in the house." is fallacious. She has the right to her choice, of course; it's her house. The fallacy lies in the basic premise, though. To illustrate, I like to use the example of the knife some have seen me use here before:
    The knife is unchanged in many thousands of years. At its core, it is a handle one can hold and a point, edge, or both that was designed to rend flesh from bone and to force to penetrate through skin to cause physical damage underneath. It is still used for that today in most homes that are not vegetarian/vegan.

Now... parents of pre-teens... how many of you have started teaching your children to cook for themselves? You are allowing your child into the kitchen (ignore the hot burners and ovens for a moment) where your sharpest knives are, from the razor-edged paring knife to the butcher knife that is easily the length of an adult's forearm. This thing is like a sword to your child! Obviously, you didn't start them out there, though.

When they were still in their highchairs, you might let them have the butter knife: No point at all and no edge to speak of.
    Once they were sitting at the table, you might let them have a table knife. Still no point, and an edge that could cut flesh with some serious effort, but not easily. They also started with this one with you holding it and doing the work, and their hand on it to get the feel of how to use it.

After much practice and finally proving mastery of the task, the child, again with exceedingly close supervision and adult hands present, might be able to use a steak knife. Here's where it gets really scary to parents, because this thing has a sharp point and a keen-honed edge. The child could do some serious damage to him/herself or a sibling... or even a parent... misusing that. But again, we hold it, we let them hold our hands while we do it, and slowly, agonizingly, let them take over the control, with our hands slowly backing away over weeks, maybe months.

Finally, the child is allowed to help in the kitchen with the preparation of food. That's kind of a misnomer: They're not helping much at all, in fact, they're slowing you down, because you have to instruct every step of the way. When they ask if they can cut something (veggies, let's say) to help you, you have to stop all else, then physically guide them, teach them, protect them, in the use of that deadly paring knife. Over time, sure, they prove themselves at each step, and then comes the day that they make a meal (that's actually good and you don't have to make faces to choke down!) that involved some seriously dangerous skills. You're not thinking about it at the time, but their ability to make that dinner started way back in the highchair. They built muscle memory, physical dexterity, and a basic knowledge base... and possibly got a few scars and shed some blood along the way... but all along, they were learning from not only holding the knife with you, but from watching every move you made.

Now... if you can train a child to properly, safely, and carefully use a knife, whose purpose is solely to destroy and cut apart, why can you not train them to properly, safely, and carefully use, with proper respect for its capabilities, a firearm, which by all accounts saves many more lives than it takes?

I'm not saying to give a hair-trigger Benelli 12g to your crib-sleeping infant... I'm not saying to fill your 2 year old's toy box with boxes of ammo and a sweet Kimber or two... I'm not saying your four- or six-year old should have his/her own gun cabinet with even a Crickett in it, though they could, provided they have proven to their parents' satisfaction that they understand and do not touch without the parent there.... as enforced by the key to the cabinet being kept with the parent.

I'm saying that two or three is not too young to start with things like Eddie Eagle. "Stop! Don't Touch! Leave the area. Tell an adult." Two or three is not too young to sit with Mom or Grandpa or whoever and watch the guns being safely cleared, then cleaned, then put back in their prior condition. (I think it might be too young to help, due to chemicals and their tendency to put things in their mouths, but I think they can safely watch. Hell, you could even get them a never-used cleaning pad and let them "clean" their squirtguns with you... with water-filled "Hoppes" jar and a spritzer of water for "oil"... But the point is that they are never too young to learn safe habits.)

BTW... if you use the idea of the water to "clean" squirtguns.... Do post a picture. That'd be REALLY cute to see. :) Not to mention, you can use the photo for blackmail when they get older. :):

Blessings
    Bill

Last edited:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    wow, the woman in the video tried everything to protect her child. She tried the very-light-waist-grab-from-behind. She tried the open-hand-slap to both the forearm and the upper chest. Yet, everything she tried seemed to have zero affect on him. I DON'T understand this.

I am going to have to rethink my defensive moves.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    wow, the woman in the video tried everything to protect her child. She tried the very-light-waist-grab-from-behind. She tried the open-hand-slap to both the forearm and the upper chest. Yet, everything she tried seemed to have zero affect on him. I DON'T understand this.

I am going to have to rethink my defensive moves.

She didn't pee herself...

Top Bottom