• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I have used Blazer ammunition for many years and have found that it is very reliable and accurate as well. Most of my shooting has been with .357 and 9mm ammo and they have perfomed well. They are not reloadable as others may have noted and some ranges may frown on their use since they dont want to pick the aluminum cases out of their brass discards...but who cares..Blazers represent good quality.

Last edited:

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    NP my friend, and if they still make the 158gr SJHP in .357 , I would feel well protected using them as a defensive round or even as a small game round for anyone who can't afford the premium ammo. Additionally, since you are using a revolver there wouldn't be any feeding issues to be concerned about with the aluminum cases, which, by the way, were never an issues when I was using them through my 9mm. Good luck...hope they have a good supply for you to stock up! :)

Last edited:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have never seen aluminum cased 22 ammo in my life. I had no idea it existed.

I have two cases of blazer 22 ammo in my garage - it's brass cased.

We occassionaly get some at Eagle Creek, along with some steel cased. Not 100% sure who makes either one, Wolf I think, but I see the empty cases once in a while.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Blazer ammo? I read somewhere that some ranges wont let you use because its not reusable. But I will not be shooting at a range very often. I shot some of it today and didnt have a problem at all. Just wondering if I should buy more and what your thoughs are on it.

Shot alot of it in a few guns, it's good to go and cheap :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I LOVE Blazer Brass.

I LIKE Blazer Aluminum. However, SOME firearms just don't seem to like AL-cased ammo. The AL doesn't seem to be as "slick" as brass, so there might be a higher chance of feeding issues.

Also, AL expands/contracts at different rates than does brass. Expansion and contraction of the case during/after firing is an essential component of how that case extracts (and subsequently ejects). It's possible that your firearm won't like AL cases in this regard, too.

So, if AL-cased stuff works in your firearm...excellent! If not... Bummer.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Back in '01 I used to shoot 100-150 rds of Blazer 9mm a week with no issues other than the range being irritated that i wasn't buying their rounds.

Pop's will ban you permanently for shooting anything other than brass cased ammo. I don't know why it would matter in revolvers since the whole round is always in the cylinder and isn't being chucked about. Alas, that's the rule.

I haven't seen Blazer at Walmart in a while, but the stickers are on the shelf. They're selling a wal-mart only package of Federal 9mm for the same price. $9.47/box.

Never had a problem with feeding, ejecting, and it was accurate enough for practice ammo.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Pop's will ban you permanently for shooting anything other than brass cased ammo. I don't know why it would matter in revolvers since the whole round is always in the cylinder and isn't being chucked about. Alas, that's the rule.

A couple of years ago, the guy at Pop's allowed me to use Blazer Aluminum in my revolver... But he was certainly adamant that ZERO cases be left behind.

-J-

dchesney

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Blaser Brass for 45 ACP

The 45 ACP brass, not aluminum, is CCI brass, it is not very accurate, but shoots fine in all 45's. This is also great brass to reload. It doesn't stretch much at all, and the walls have good integrety.

I have been reloading Blazer brass for about a year now, and it reloads great. Its good cheap ammunition, and also reloads well.. I like it.

From the Chez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I was shooting S&b out of my 380, no serious grime or anything, well I shot a box of blazer aluminum and the lcp was filthy. took a good 3 hours to get the guts looking new.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I haven't seen Blazer at Walmart in a while, but the stickers are on the shelf. They're selling a wal-mart only package of Federal 9mm for the same price. $9.47/box.

The Federal and Blazer Brass 9mm and 40 ammo is exactly the same, and is made by the same company. Federal owns CCI. The move to using Federal boxes is just rebranding.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I've shot quite a bit of the Blazer Brass 9mm. They seem the same as the WWB. Never had an issue with either. Both seem equally accurate. If it's brass the range should be fine with it.

Shot a lot of both Blazer Brass and WWB with no issues. Do not notice any difference in cleaning either.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The Federal and Blazer Brass 9mm and 40 ammo is exactly the same, and is made by the same company. Federal owns CCI. The move to using Federal boxes is just rebranding.

The black and red Federal boxes have WM specific part numbers printed on them are are only available through WM. I shot two boxes last week - one "Independence" 9mm acquired at Walmart in Avon for $9.47. Had CCI blazer headstamps. Very clean, bright brass. Shot a box of Federal 9mm acquired at the brownsburg WM for $9.47 - had federal cartridge headstamps. No FTE's or FTF's on either box with the same accuracy. Can't comment about the cleanliness vs one other other because i didn't clean between boxes. I'll shoot whatever I can afford these days so I'm not going to be too picky. Did have 3 FTF's in the last batch of WWB i bought. :twocents:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think so. Do you have a source? I lived less than a mile from the Federal plant in Coon Rapids MN for years and never knew of this, plus there are quite a few ranges I know of that don't allow the use of the new federal stuff due to the fact that it doesn't burn completely prior to being ejected. They claim it has been stating fires, but are fine with the blazer brass. I call BS on the fire nonsense too, but it is their range and what they say goes. If they want to lie to get people to buy ammo from them, that's their business.

Top Bottom