• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Blazer ammo? I read somewhere that some ranges wont let you use because its not reusable. But I will not be shooting at a range very often. I shot some of it today and didnt have a problem at all. Just wondering if I should buy more and what your thoughs are on it.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    the blazer brass seems to be descent stuff. I haven't been real impressed with the accuracy of the aluminum cased blazer ammo.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I didnt get to shoot much. But I liked it a lot. I wish I woulda bought more than one box. The gun store had quite a bit of the Blazer .357. I might have to go back and get more.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I've shot quite a bit of the Blazer Brass 9mm. They seem the same as the WWB. Never had an issue with either. Both seem equally accurate. If it's brass the range should be fine with it.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It is very dirty ammo...the casings are covered with black residue once shot. You will most certainly want to clean your firearm afterwords, but I can't say I've ever had any issues with it though. It is the brand I buy of most because it cost less than most of the others.
    Have never been told that I could not shoot it at a range...that sounds like some silly rumor.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bought a NIB Ruger 10/22 last year. The owners manual states specifically, " DO NOT USE ALUMINUM CASED BLAZER AMMO"!

No explanation, just DON'T USE IT!

So I wont, at least not in THAT rifle.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Bought a NIB Ruger 10/22 last year. The owners manual states specifically, " DO NOT USE ALUMINUM CASED BLAZER AMMO"!

No explanation, just DON'T USE IT!

So I wont, at least not in THAT rifle.

I have never seen aluminum cased 22 ammo in my life. I had no idea it existed.

I have two cases of blazer 22 ammo in my garage - it's brass cased.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana

I was thinking the same thing. Alot of people think CCI stingers are aluminum cased, but I believe it is nickle plated brass...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

You know, you may be right.

I've purchased several firearms of late. It MAY have been the Marlin 1894 that said "Do NOT use Blazer ammo".

Now I'll have to go look!

My mistake. It WAS a Ruger 10/22 I was thinking about, but NOT blazer ammo. My Ruger 10/22 manual says not to use "Stingers". WHOLE different animal!

Last edited:

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I've never had a problem with the aluminum cased blazer. But since starting reloading I find it against my interests to purchase these rounds as I cannot reload the spent cases. As far as blazer brass goes, I really like it. I find it to be of great quality for target/range ammo. Also, in .45 it has been the best brass for me to reload.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I shoot just as poorly with Blazer as I do with WWB and Federal, so might as well save a couple of bucks! :D

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I shoot just as poorly with Blazer as I do with WWB and Federal, so might as well save a couple of bucks! :D

LOL that goes for me and you both! I suck at shooting a handgun. Regardless I just bought my first one a week or so ago. I aint that good at long guns either but I am gettin better.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I can only comment from personal experience with the Blazer 45 ACP FMJ aluminum cased rounds. We never had a problem with these and probably went thru 10,000 rounds per year for 15 years. They are a little dirtier than some other 45 ACP but cost effective and IMO accurate for practice ammo.

Top Bottom