• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "One of the imitation weapons I got at a convenience store looked very much like the assault weapons that the secret service and other FBI agents carry under their suits," he said. "Another one was a handgun that had a silencer on it."

Really? FBI agents carry assault weapons under their suits? That's a pretty good trick.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    "In Florida, state Sen. Gary Siplin has a bill that would prohibit individuals from carrying a paintball gun in a vehicle. He said he had been told about youngsters brandishing such guns while driving. He said if they're bold enough to do that they might use the fake weapon to commit a crime."

What scares me is that they are now introducing laws based not on what has happened, but on what MIGHT happen. Talk about hysteria. Heinlein was right when he said "Love your country, but never trust its government."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Call me old fashion but when I was growing up on the westside of Indy as a kid, my parents taught me not to points toy guns or air guns at the police. In fact it never occurred to me that pointing fake guns at cops was a good idea or something to go and do.

The police officer was scared? Ummm, gee, Officer Barney didn't you step into the yellow footprints? If you are scared for your life or threat of serious bodily injury, take appropriate action, don't wet yourself.

What kind of kinds are buying fake guns and pointing them at cops in Memphis? Where are the fathers? (Don't answer that).

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    What bothered me most about this was, they make it sound like everytime they see someone with a gun, toy or other wise they are going to gun them down and sort it out later. What a bunch of crap. Just more Anti-Gun hype!

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    I am a paintballer, and this kind of law scares the hell out of me. I have several paint markers that look just like real guns to the untrained eye. But in the uncountable times a police officer has seen me with the paint guns whether it be during a traffic stop, or in a parking lot I have never been shot. No police officer is going to shoot someone for having a gun fake or real unless the person with the gun is threatening someone with it. Parents teach kids not to point guns at police, and make sure toy guns look like toy guns. Why do our governments seem convinced that we cannot operate without them regulating the hell out of everything. It is amazing how people are so quick to make rules with so little knowledge.

Top Bottom