• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This might have support from the local sheriffs etc who have to administer the process. My guess is they aren't making money from doing it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We should not have limitations when the 2nd clearly says, shall not be infringed...

...yeah! gun owners should be able to take their guns with them to prisons when they've been convicted of a crime, too.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've slowly come to the conclusion that everything except constitutional carry is just an administrative exercise. Anyone not intimidated by a potential criminal charge isn't intimidated by the process.

mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    That would be one gun shop rumor most of us would love to be true. Dont forget, we have some pro 2nd Amendment members here that think licensing is a good thing

I support Constitutional carry, but my take on it is that the permit won't go away, just the lifetime time frame. It'll likely go back to 4 year renewal. THAT is something I am against. If I can't have Constitutional carry, lifetime permit is the next best thing.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I personally would like to see Indiana mirror Arizona.

Constitutional Carry by default with a permit issued for those who seek reciprocity from other states.

But with a huge loss of revenue at stake, this law is pretty much dead.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I personally would like to see Indiana mirror Arizona.

Constitutional Carry by default with a permit issued for those who seek reciprocity from other states.

But with a huge loss of revenue at stake, this law is pretty much dead.

Huge revenue? More like a drop in the bucket.

There are ~600,000 licensees in the state, ASSUMING they all got lifetime and all paid $75 (thats $45 mil) and, then with LTCH system having started in 1980 (34 years), that is ONLY $1.3 Mil annual.

I looked up the stats; a WTHR news story said (over $1 million a year) so I'm not far off.

The cost of all those background checks, the clerks to run them, and the system to administer it, MUST run close to, or over that amount.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...yeah! gun owners should be able to take their guns with them to prisons when they've been convicted of a crime, too.

And prison is such a safe place that they shouldn't need them? Is that your contention?

Hyperbole aside, the Constitution provides for deprivation of life, liberty, and property only by due process. The RKBA is an extension of the right to one's own life. If that right can be infringed by due process, it follows that depriving someone of his liberty would allow for the deprivation of property as well. To do it, though, you have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not just propose it as "a good idea" or some other, equally preposterous claim. You also have to get it by a jury.

The LTCH is an infringement. If it was freely given to any who asked, it might be less so, but by its very nature, not to mention history, it is both a restriction on the RKBA and a throwback to racism, post latter 1860s-style.

Can't have them uppity former slaves havin' guns, now can we? (said the Southern Democrats who formed the KKK)
    Can't have the fill-in-group-here able to fight back, right?

Funny how "guns in the wrong hands" always seems to mean someone of a different group than the person speaking.
    Put another way, "We want to get guns out of the wrong hands!" Guess what? You have the wrong hands.

It seems clear to me that anyone who campaigns for stricter gun laws is a racist bigot, hiding behind calls for "safety", while ignoring the fact that the people limited by those laws aren't the ones posing a danger.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom