• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.
    +1, welcome to ingo, thank you for your serivice and congrats on the child, now where's the pic of that satin harley buddy :D ?

Last edited:

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.

I wasnt scared or concerened. Actually thought u looked great. I ride too, have been on two rides with ingunowners. Scooters and shooters. just first time i had seen u or anyone else dressed like that. Keep it up.

Deadpool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Lebanon, IN
    +1, welcome to ingo, thank you for your serivice and congrats on the child, now where's the pic of that satin harley buddy :D ?
    10509709_10154453555795602_417047242072307191_n.jpg
    I also do bike modifications and repair. LED glow kits for cheap, paint, etc.

I wasnt scared or concerened. Actually thought u looked great. I ride too, have been on two rides with ingunowners. Scooters and shooters. just first time i had seen u or anyone else dressed like that. Keep it up.
    Will do, Jim. :)

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana

I don't see anything wrong with the way you ride. I rode for a few years and miss the hell our of my bike. Stay safe and glad to see you on here.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you want to protect your face from cold wind, debris, etc. you could wear, oh, I don't know, a helmet.

It has the added benefit of protecting your head in the event of an impact and makes you look normal and less frightening.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If you want to protect your face from cold wind, debris, etc. you could wear, oh, I don't know, a helmet.

It has the added benefit of protecting your head in the event of an impact and makes you look normal and less frightening.
    x2 wearing a halloween mask for protection is laughable.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Welcome to INGO. Hope you stick around!

Top Bottom