• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.

Never a bad thing and often not easy to effect. Welcome to INGO!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    There's two kinds of bikers, those that been down and those that are gonna go down.
    I'm one that's been down. I ride without a brainbucket, cause if its my time then so be it. Love the mask and the bike. Ride hard, ride fast pardner. Heck ya only live once so pull that throttle.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I wear what ever is available to keep me safe on the bike, I look wierd in a full face helmet on a cruiser, but I look even worse with my brains hanging out.
    Been wearing an outdated half lid, but want to go to the full face. Dang things are expensive for one that is decent. Guess you gotta pay to play.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.

Sound like the tired old saw, "loud pipes save lives".

:stickpoke:

There's two kinds of bikers, those that been down and those that are gonna go down.

:facepalm:

I really dislike this defeatist mindset. Do you have the same notion when it comes to negligent discharges?

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County

I really dislike this defeatist mindset. Do you have the same notion when it comes to negligent discharges?
    I won't totally disagree with the "loud pipes save lives" statement, my bike is fairly quite, I have had a few start to pull out in front of me, I pulled in my clutch and cracked down on it loud enough to hear and watched their car try to nose dive, i I hadn't they would have kept on pulling out, of course that was timing and luck also.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana

Safety at work and on the range is #1.
    RO1 and RO2 certified! Been riding motorcycles since I was 9. Some of us have need for speed and living on the edge. Some of us fast cars, some of us jump out of perfectly good airplanes, some of us like to get a handful of throttle. I've been on the ground a few times and I get right back on cause I love it. It happens! Think what you want.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana

RO1 and RO2 certified! Been riding motorcycles since I was 9. Some of us have need for speed and living on the edge. Some of us fast cars, some of us jump out of perfectly good airplanes, some of us like to get a handful of throttle. I've been on the ground a few times and I get right back on cause I love it. It happens! Think what you want.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    nice, love the bike, I have always liked the satin paint look

I'm saying you don't look weird with a full face helmet on a cruiser. I'm saying there is a stigma that those on cruisers don't wear full face helmets and I'm not sure why. It was supportive of your post, sir.

Edit: I clearly quoted the wrong thing thus making this post seem pretty far out in left field. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    The biker in the mask OCing doesn't scare me.

THIS scares me.... I saw this on the east side of I-465 earlier today
    IMG_1582_zpsf7799c3e.jpg

I saw this on the east side of I-465 earlier today

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Love the mask. looks pretty sick. helmet is his choice so atleast if he goes down he looks badass!!

Did I miss some change in the slang? When did "sick" replace "cool"?

I won't totally disagree with the "loud pipes save lives" statement, my bike is fairly quite, I have had a few start to pull out in front of me, I pulled in my clutch and cracked down on it loud enough to hear and watched their car try to nose dive, if I hadn't they would have kept on pulling out, of course that was timing and luck also.

There's a new invention; it's called a horn.
    Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone Motorcycle Air Horn, 12-Volt, Black or Chrome - TwistedThrottle.com

This will accomplish what a throttle blip will never do. Plus, the sound is directed forwards, not at people behind you who are not your immediate threat.

I think it's great! I've been down a time or two myself. But, I don't fool myself or others and say it has to happen; it's avoidable. Maybe it's my ISTJ personality. I also detest, "A gun is always loaded."

I love to ride fast, so that's why I have a slow bike. ;)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

View attachment 30244
    I also do bike modifications and repair. LED glow kits for cheap, paint, etc.

Will do, Jim. :)

ok, mr hells angel!,ive got a problem with you!
    your holster!
    looks to me like it's nylon with an open muzzle, i dont ride myself, but it looks to me like a rock or other road debris might hit the barel crown or the bushing, if so that might effect you accuracy!, or scratch your finish!, and i know its a small chance, but what if something lodges in the barrel? (hey people do get struck by lightning and win the lottery)

now what if (and everybody hopes it never happens!) you take a spill, how will the nylon hold up? if it were me(and like i said i dont ride so i dont really know for sure) i'd probally look at a 511 thumbdrive, or have a custom kydex holster made(ive seen some with thumb snaps) that enclose the end of the barrel, to protect the muzzle, the finish, and keep it on your side

ride safe, and come home to your new kid!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm one that's been down. I ride without a brainbucket, cause if its my time then so be it. Love the mask and the bike. Ride hard, ride fast pardner. Heck ya only live once so pull that throttle.

Don't care what people choose, but do think it funny how many think it'll be all or nothing, never anything in between.....

170px-Gary_Busey_2007.jpg

Top Bottom