Biden tells Chuck Schumer to 'go ahead' with calls for $50,000 in student-debt cancellation

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Higher education is primarily a jobs program.

Of course the student loans will be forgiven. Of course college will be "free". We are at that stage of the looting of the republic.

Higher education can be a great benefit to society. CAN.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Higher education is primarily a jobs program.
    I don’t think it works that well with the new generation. Many of them feel entitled to everything. One of my Neice is a year out of college for a degree in movie production. She has since worked at Starbucks and just quit because she doesn’t want to work anymore. She’s wants to travel until her money runs out and doesn’t have a plan after that. She’s gotten extensions on her student loans since she’s not in her “field of work”, but she’s admittedly not paying it back and hoping for student debt forgiveness to pass. If it passes then the rest of us get to pay her debt and she can not work longer.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    What years if you don’t mind me asking?
    She got her Bachleors in 2003 and then took off a couple years and got her Masters in 2010. Back in the early 2000's you had to order a Harley Davidson with about one to one and a half year wait. I ordered a 2004 Springer in 2001 so I knew I would get it in the fall of 2003 after she graduated. Like I said the wife worked part time as much as she could with school being the priority. I was working a good paying job and with the two we made it fine. Well, that is if you don't mind having any extra money for about four years, good investment. Jim.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I went to a BS school, my degree was worth nothing when I go it, and now that the school was closed down I means even less.

A few years ago I contacted them and asked if I could return my degree for a refund.

It created a chain of emails where I aired out my probs with them. They said they "investigated" my claims and amazingly enough found no evidence of any of it.

I borrowed 30k in 03 and started paying on it in 05, I currently owe about 24k.

AND!!! I get to work for the company that services my loans. Which means my job gives me a paycheck and once a month I give some of it back to them.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I didnt go collage, i didnt vote for paying for other idiots collage, and everyone who voted for this can go **** themselves. Just my 2¢. I believe in karma though, if im gettin screwed theyll be screwed twice as hard down the road... hopefully.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I went to a BS school, my degree was worth nothing when I go it, and now that the school was closed down I means even less.

A few years ago I contacted them and asked if I could return my degree for a refund.

It created a chain of emails where I aired out my probs with them. They said they "investigated" my claims and amazingly enough found no evidence of any of it.

I borrowed 30k in 03 and started paying on it in 05, I currently owe about 24k.

AND!!! I get to work for the company that services my loans. Which means my job gives me a paycheck and once a month I give some of it back to them.
    d**n!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
    I picked up my keyboard and I started to the type
    I wrote 16 lines of numbers and code
    And the I.t. boss said, "Well, a-bless my soul"