Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    As I see it here is the key sentence!

"Authorities said they were still looking for the handgun."

UNREAL!

Has to be a GREAT deal more to this story!

I also OC and bike often!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    How full of total fail has the media become?
    Why even print that?
    There are no useable details in that little blurb at all.
    I am convinced that the media will never recover from where they are now.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Why even print that?

Hey get off the media's case. They can't do a complete story here they're to busy electing Obama again! :noway:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Deputies were trying to stop the man, who they believed was armed with a handgun

The bicyclist and the patrol car collided at about 1:25 a.m. and the bicyclist,
    who has not been identified, died from his injuries,
    How hard do you have to try, that you ram him & kill him?
    Authorities said they were still looking for the handgun.

...and OJ's wife's killer...maybe he has it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Let's see, commiefornia where the Constitution of The United States of America is nothing more than a memory of those who proudly served in the military, and a news media where everyone with a firearm that isn't paid to wear a uniform is a criminal...not surprised.

Like many others, in this day and age with all the honest people ruling the Monon and other areas, I never ride my bike without my Kahr, and I do that almost daily!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why even print that?

Because it lets you easily draw conclusions that paint LEOs in the worst possible light, yet doesn't come right out and paint LEOs in the worst possible light.

The media loves to tear down "the man" and anyone in typically holding a respected position in society. Its fashionable now to "support our troops", but remember how they portrayed us in peace time? Ever see the media so gleeful as when the pedophile priests were exposed? They sure never covered the good they did, or priests around the world killed trying to spread God's word in Africa and South America. Even the coverage of the current missing priest is snarky and insinuates maybe he voluntarily disappeared. You never see "Plumber gets a DUI", but if the school superintendent does its front page news.

And some people love to eat it up, and only want to see the worst in everyone.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I expect nothing less from the state that I wish would just succeed from these United States. Having said that I ride my bicycle a lot and I always carry. Been a fair share of muggings on our community trail here in Marion over the years... And a number of free running dogs in the county...

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Wow, just wow, someone enlighten me to how the "handgun" was in ANY way relevant to the story?

I saw some citizen of the year the other day riding his bike down a reasonably busy road, cellphone in one hand thumbing the touch screen. MANIAC.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Wow, just wow, someone enlighten me to how the "handgun" was in ANY way relevant to the story?

I saw some citizen of the year the other day riding his bike down a reasonably busy road, cellphone in one hand thumbing the touch screen. MANIAC.

If the story is accurate, the handgun may have been the reason the officer was anywhere near the bicyclist in the first place. Had LACSD not attempted to stop the bicyclist it is unlikely that they would have killed him.

But don't let the facts stop you all from raging about the LIEbrul media besmirching the reputation of Our Boys in Blue who clearly can do no wrong! Perhaps several hours of Fox News (sic) and a tumbler of warm bacon grease would help you overcome your indignation.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I expect nothing less from the state that I wish would just succeed from these United States.
    I think California has proven just how impervious to success it is. Billions in the red. Cities bankrupting left, right, and center. Now, if they were to secede...

Apparently, just as suicidal as someone not biking with a gun, but mistaken as such, in the presence of the LA County Sheriff's Department.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Why didn't you run him down???

Exactly why do you think the police were trying to contact this individual in the first place?

Top Bottom