• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For south of 75 bucks dont look at anything that doesnt say Primary arms on it. Its not going to be the best dot, but its leaps and bounds in front of everything else in that price range.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Only thing I have is to avoid multiple reticles. They tend to have different zeros. This with limited experience though.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No experience with the Sightmark product. I'll echo Alan on the PA recommendation.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Sight mark makes some solid stuff. I'd rate it better than all the other Chinese junk out there. If you must have a cheap reflex, Sightmark is probably the way to go. obviously, if you could afford a $200 Burris Fast Fire, you'd like it better, but it also costs 3x as much.

Funny story... I once had like $150 in my eBay account, and wanted a illuminated mil dot scope that was over 9x magnification. I don't know if you've ever looked for such a thing, but I will just say that the ONLY result in my price range was Sightmark. I had never heard of them, and knew they weren't a name brand, but I bought it. The scope is actually amazingly clear, and holds zero perfectly on my 30-06. Apparently I bought SightMark's highest end scope, and it is a winner. If the reviews existed that do now, I never would've bought it, but I am glad I did. I compared the clarity to a Burris Fullfield Euro, at dusk, and it was as good or better. I also have a Sightmark magnifier now, which works.

The bad:
    I think that they use more heavy steel/aluminum to keep costs down, which makes them a bit more heavy. The metal isn't as polished around the edges as name brands; it is literally a little rough around the edges. I can't vouch for their electronics, but I know they don't advertise long battery life. Low resale value.

The good:
    The glass works as advertised, stays zeroed (even on a high powered rifle), and is built like a tank. Price is only slightly more than the junky stuff.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I looked through PA's website - they don't seem to make a reflex-type red dot.

I'd dearly love a FastFire II... No need for another $70 for the III.

The dreaming continues... *sigh*

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I looked through PA's website - they don't seem to make a reflex-type red dot.

I'd dearly love a FastFire II... No need for another $70 for the III.

The dreaming continues... *sigh*

I had a FFII and I liked it a lot, but I sold it so I could buy something else. I kind of regret it, because it was a beauty. Reflex sights are really cool, but without the tube it can be hard to find the dot quickly. For example, on a 357 revolver I could not use the FFII because I could not find the dot for the life of me. I found that the FFII was best suited for a long gun, because your cheek weld puts the dot in the right place every time.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The SightMark products have a limited lifetime warranty. I have purchased a holographic from a guy that was screwed up (I was ripped off) but I didn't care. I didn't even have a sales receipt and they generated an RA# and said it would be fixed or replaced with a comparable value item.

I also have their 8.5-25X50 Triple Duty on my MVP and am totally satisfied with it.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Think $75 or less.

No NcStar, Leapers, Barska, BSA or Tasco.

This is for a .22LR pistol.

Would much rather have a reflex-type red dot - but I honestly don't know that I can find one that's acceptable in my price range.

This any good? Sightmark Ultra Shot Sight FREE S&H SM13005-DT, SM13005. SightMark Red Dot Sights.

Other than that, does such an animal exist...or am I chasing a pipe dream?

-J-

Had a buddy mount one of their micro red dots on a Ruger Mark III. He loved it, but it died about halfway through the first trip to the range (100-200 rounds). He sent it back to Sightmark, and received a new one promptly. I don't think he's had any trouble from the 2nd one.

Other than it dying on the first outing, it seemed to be decent for the money.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    For south of 75 bucks dont look at anything that doesnt say Primary arms on it. Its not going to be the best dot, but its leaps and bounds in front of everything else in that price range.
    I have several Primary Arms sights and they are the best I can afford and frankly some of the best sights period.
    Not expensive but certainly not cheap if you understand my meaning.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I just purchased a Weaver red dot reflex sight and got to shoot it yesterday and intend on doing a reveiw on it soon. It was $78.00 with free shipping from Optics Planet.
    I'll share more after I get more time with it.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Think $75 or less.

No NcStar, Leapers, Barska, BSA or Tasco.

This is for a .22LR pistol.

Would much rather have a reflex-type red dot - but I honestly don't know that I can find one that's acceptable in my price range.

This any good? Sightmark Ultra Shot Sight FREE S&H SM13005-DT, SM13005. SightMark Red Dot Sights.

Other than that, does such an animal exist...or am I chasing a pipe dream?

-J-

Oh I just remembered that I shot a Kel Tec KSG (bullpup) shotgun with this exact sight that a guy lent me on the range. It was solid, and it must work well with high recoil, because that thing kicked like a mule!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks for more suggestions, folks!

flightsimmer, I'm really looking forward to your review!

Of all the brands mentioned, I'd feel fully confident and comfortable with a Weaver product. The others (aside from Primary Arms, which doesn't have a reflex sight anyhow...) I'm still a bit iffy on.

I keep coming back to wanting a reflex-style dot. I want to keep the "look" of the handgun relatively clean and "low profile". Some of these cheap red dot tubes are just too big. And the PA micro dot seems like it would be too small. I don't know, though.

I have seen pictures of pistols similar to mine that have the "micro" tubes like the PA.

*sigh*

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Thanks for more suggestions, folks!

flightsimmer, I'm really looking forward to your review!

Of all the brands mentioned, I'd feel fully confident and comfortable with a Weaver product. The others (aside from Primary Arms, which doesn't have a reflex sight anyhow...) I'm still a bit iffy on.

I keep coming back to wanting a reflex-style dot. I want to keep the "look" of the handgun relatively clean and "low profile". Some of these cheap red dot tubes are just too big. And the PA micro dot seems like it would be too small. I don't know, though.

I have seen pictures of pistols similar to mine that have the "micro" tubes like the PA.

*sigh*

I intend to spend this afternoon with it and try to get a full report here tonight or tomorrow.

Top Bottom