Best personal defense weapon besides a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bic lighter.

Kick them in the genitals and set them on fire.

(Always carrying a knife and a light. They're tools. Like most tools though, you can use them in nasty and various ways to inflict pain on others. The judicious and healthy application of violence is like chicken soup for the soul.)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I usually carry a knife - without my firearms, I would likely reach for that if i needed a weapon.

It really always upset me that asp batons are "illegal" - unless I am misinformed? One of those, "a cop told me" .... so... :rolleyes: Anyway, I love asps...

Love the tactical pens too, I have a S&W one it is alright. Even a beginner in BJJ can do alot with a kubaton or tactical pen - but I would still only use it in a situation where I have nothing else, or when I am very confident in my ability to disable my opponent without much struggle and do not want to hurt them. The only thing I do not like about my S&W pen is the fact that it is branded S&W, instantly giving it away as a "weapon"...

I may have to get one of those Parker Jotter pens - not as obvious.

And if your going to go all out and carry a bat...
    Brooklyn Smasher & Crusher : BaseBall Bats (Cold Steel Knives)
    Aluminum just does not do it for me, and I have unfortunately broken a ?white ash? Louisville slugger already so, other option maybe maple bone rubbed? hehe..

Last edited:

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    There is an old saying I am sure already mentioned "The gun isn't the weapon, I am the weapon.". That being said, hostile intentions would result in me using whatever I had. My truck (now we are talking stopping power), knife, hiking staff, hard boot, blackjack, sap, ball bat. axe, coffee mug, etc. My daily carry tends to be a knife, biner for keys, flashlight, bandana, etc.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It really always upset me that asp batons are "illegal" - unless I am misinformed? One of those, "a cop told me" .... so... :rolleyes: Anyway, I love asps...

I may have to get one of those Parker Jotter pens - not as obvious.
    I guess you are misinformed about the baton (well im sure).
    Expandable batons are not illegal to carry or own in Indiana.
    Cops say lots of things, they sometimes dont even know that you can OC with a LTCH.They will tell you that anything who bothers them is illegal when its not.Well some cops, they are not all like that. :)

I love my Parker Jotter, it doesnt scream weapon like some other models.
    I did a torture test on one old model before buying a new one for my EDC.
    You can hit anything (concrete, wood, glass ...) and the pen still looks brand new.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    After personally looking over the Indiana laws, I would confirm that this is correct, and ASPs are NOT illegal. :rockwoot:

Man am I going to enjoy correctly my LEO buddies :D

I almost peed my pants when I learned it was legal, just like when I learned I could carry fixed blades legally too. :D
    Indiana's laws rock! :rockwoot:

I just still cant bring OTF auto knives in the state. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom