Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Favorite Mexican food?

San Antonio Mexican Restaurant | La Fonda on Main | Authentic Mexican

What? Oh. In Indiana. Gotcha.

Another vote for Little Mexico.

For those voting for El Meson, there is one in Lafayette also, but I can't comment on how good it is... never been there.

I'm also very disappointed. It really took y'all 78 posts for someone to say "Taco Bell"?

(We used to call it the Mexican phone company, but not everyone gets that joke anymore.)

Blessings,
    Bill

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Acapulco Joe's -- Downtown Indy. I've been eating there for over 25 years, and while there have been some inconsistancies as of late, especially after their head cook passed away, it is still hands down the best mexican in town. The only places I've found that were better were in New Mexico.

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    My favorite place was Queso Blanco in Westfield, but they got closed down. Not sure on the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if the closing was rooted in local politics. I've heard second hand reports of several of the downtown businesses taking crap from our local politicians. The 'Currents' newspaper stated that a business could lose it's license because they don't pay taxes. This type of reporting pisses me off. They don't actually say that the restaurant didn't pay their taxes, they just insinuate that they didn't. No facts, just insinuation. I don't know one way or another what happened, as there has been nothing announced officially by either the city or the restaurant owner. Shoddy reporting.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I remembered this thread from waaayyy back so I thought I'd put in a plug for my new favorite eatery, Los Primos in Goshen. Very small, mom and pop kinda place. Try the cabeza, mmm good. $1.50 tacos, I get 4 and can barely walk to the car. They pretty much Habla Americano, and I kinda speak Messican so communication is no problem. My kids are both in Spanish I this year so it's a blast to take them and make 'em practice. Oh, and ZX Guns is only a few blocks away.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    La Cantina west of Dale, Indiana. It may not be there anymore since it has been 20 years since I was there last. It was soooo gooood then.

Top Bottom