• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I wonder how many Indiana gun owners know there is a Central Indiana manufacture of quality AR 15 lowers. I got my first look at them today and must say I was very impressed with their quality; both cosmetically and dimensional accuracy. These are premium parts at very compeditive prices. They are 100% engineered and machined in-house and take some unusual steps to insure a superior surface finish. Once I get their pricing I will share more information including photos with the forum. We all know that the receiver is the keystone of any AR-15 build so why not start with the most accurate receiver on the market you can afford.

Dick

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    its not the best kept secret if we dont know how much they cost!!!
    its not the best kept secret since you told us about it either...

cant wait to hear the price point

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Something keeps telling me I need to build another AR. Every dang thread I look at here lately has info on good prices on lowers, uppers, etc. Umm.... gotta go here comes the wife. LOL

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Waiting for written pricing

its not the best kept secret if we dont know how much they cost!!! I was given verbal pricing but am waiting for them to send me their written price list.
    its not the best kept secret since you told us about it either...
    Thats the purpose of this post, I want to see if anyone else knows who I am talking about; if not they will soon enough. I have two production stripped lowers sitting on my table and will hopefully be touring their facility this week.
    cant wait to hear the price point High quality at what I heard with very compeditive prices.

I believe people will be impressed with this local product.

picture.php

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I dont understand why it has to be a secret as to what the company is called.... clearly by their being two post production samples on your table that their company does indeed exist, so why are you withholding information? Price i can understand. but their isnt anything for you to gain by NOT telling us who the new guy on the block is.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hold on now:

Receiver made in state. Check
    Ammo made in state (I know one). Check
    Sale made in state. Check
    10th Amendment. Hmmm.....

:yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There was an INGO member not too long ago talking about producing his own lowers here in the State.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I was hoping someone else on here would know

I dont understand why it has to be a secret as to what the company is called.... clearly by their being two post production samples on your table that their company does indeed exist, so why are you withholding information? Price i can understand. but their isnt anything for you to gain by NOT telling us who the new guy on the block is.

I am curious if other people besides myself know of this company so I want to give it a day or two while I get their pricing in writing before spilling the beans. I hear all the time that only a couple shops do the machining for all the big named gun manufactures and that might be the case; who knows these folks might do the same for some of the companies in the future. Right now they are looking at various avenues to sell their product and I will be trying to test the water for them as best I can within my limitations.

Right now lowers are the only parts they manufacturer and they are doing some very inventive processes to make a superior part. Hopefully I will get a tour of the operation this week and will have more information. I am not playing games; just trying to find out if many people know if this company and their lowers.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I hear all the time that only a couple shops do the machining for all the big named gun manufactures and that might be the case...
    You hear wrong? Or I misunderstand your statement?

There are a handful of forges that make the blanks. There are dozens of shops, perhaps many dozens of shops that do the machining for the various brands. Some of the biggest names machine the forged blanks in house. Some of the biggest names have a machine company mill the blanks to their specs. The smaller and medium size brands use many different shops to do their machining and the shops that do the machining do so with varying quality and tolerances. Finishing, which is usually basic polishing and anodizing is typically done by yet another shop. A few brands will do multiple steps to include teflon coating and anodizing, etc.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hold on now:

Receiver made in state. Check
    Ammo made in state (I know one). Check
    Sale made in state. Check
    10th Amendment. Hmmm.....

:yesway:

If I'm not mistaken, I think that all the pieces have to be manufactured in state from steel made from iron that was mined in state, and possibly even with tools made in-state.

Note that I do not agree with this interpretation, I am simply of the belief that it is what is currently in use by our country's government.

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bill of Rights -- Regarding 10th Amendment State's Rights said:
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that all the pieces have to be manufactured in state from steel made from iron that was mined in state, and possibly even with tools made in-state.

Well this image appears to be an aluminum forging. If the forge is here in Indiana and the machine shop is here in Indiana, then this qualifies as a "gun" under the BATFE rules:
    picture.php

So of this is a gun and we assemble the other parts . . . hmmm.

But as for this gun, is there anyone who sees something special about it because it looks like a typical AR15 lower to me. Am I missing something? If it is in spec, and if the finish is good, then what makes it special other than it comes from Indiana? :dunno:

Top Bottom