• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    Posted this on glocktalk but thought i'd get some input from INGOers as well :ingo:

Hey guys, I have a glock 19 but don't yet have a good carry holster. I have heard that the supertuck and mtac are good, so I'm kind of looking at those two, but would be open to other options.

Anyway, I'm kind of concerned about some of these bigger holsters fitting my frame. I'm 6'1", about 185, and have a pretty lean body type (my 32 waist pants fall down without a belt).

Pics for referece:

So basically I'm concerned about spending close to 100$ on a holster that won't fit my body type or is too big. Also worried about printing. I'm wondering if anybody with a similar body type has experience with a holster that has worked well? Either between the ST and MTAC or anything else. Thanks in advance!
    progress.gif

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    If that's the typical looseness of shirt you wear, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with printing. I'm a really skinny guy, but I haven't had any issues. I carry in a Kholster.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    One of my friends is built about the same and carries his 19 in a Galco Stow-N-GO with really no issues. I to am about the same build and carry my 27 in the same holster and don't have any issues

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Shoo.... I'm 6ft 185 I have a crappy OWB Fobus, never had a problem. I am, however; waiting on a Kholster for a G17. I usually wear loose clothing, but when I don't, it doesn't print too bad. I have been to a few weddings in the past weeks wearing only a button-up shirt with the 17 in the Fobus and nobody was the wiser. I have still not received my Kholster that I ordered on 4/8 (big sale), but I can attest to some AWESOME customer service.:ingo:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would think something with sparkles to fit your metro life style.:D

Just kidding.(not really) doesnt much matter most people dont notice anyone open carrying muchless one printing.

Last edited:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    If that's the typical looseness of shirt you wear, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with printing. I'm a really skinny guy, but I haven't had any issues. I carry in a Kholster.

I'm a fat kid 5'9" 210-ish and I also carry my gun in a kholster. Kholster is also cheaper than a supertuck or mtac and works just as well.

gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    I would think something with sparkles to fit your metro life style.:D

Just kidding.(not really) doesnt much matter most people dont notice anyone open carrying muchless one printing.

LOL! This comment cracked me up. I'm far from metro but either way that was funny :D Polo's generally aren't too tight but some of my t-shirts fit a bit more snugly, that's why I was concerned about printing

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    The biggest problem you will have if you wear an outside the pants holster is the bottom of the barrel sticking out and your shirt riding up your gun. When Im going out and I dont want anyone to see that I am carrying I use a Don Hume IWB holster.

Glad you have a sense of humor.:D

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I am 6'0 and 188 and wear a Supertuck all day in comfort. Does not print unless I wear a too tight t-shirt. Moving my cell phone infront of the gun also "hides" it better.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I think a better belt will be in order as well to support the firearm...your current belt can't seem to bear the strain of your jeans to keep them above your pants, so it's going to have to go.

If you don't like a holster for some reason, they are fairly easy to sell at not much of a loss. Glock 19 is a very popular gun so you shouldn't have trouble selling one if you don't like it.

gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    Lol I think I've gotten more comments on my clothing than my question :laugh: Give me a break I'm 21, I don't wear my jeans up to my belly button quite yet ;)

Anyway I am leaning towards the MTAC. Hopefully it won't give me any problems, apparently they have good customer service so hopefully they'll help me out if I do

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Try the crossbreed minituck it is great for us small waisted guys. I love mine and the quality and customer service cant be beat.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm about your body type and just started wearing a Supertuck with my Glock 26 yesterday....

I tried to stuff it into my jeans which usually ride a little loose like yours and my wife said it makes my pants look lopsided. We took a trip to Gap today to get jeans with +2 inches in the waist and it works much better, except there is a little extra room elsewhere in the pants... Its not as streamlined as I would like, but I think you'll have that with any IWB holster.

I think I might be picking up a Ruger LCP for pocket carry when I go out attempting to look stylish and save the Glock and 'fat jeans' for normal day-to-day activities.

Top Bottom