• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Pistol has the best Bang for Buck?

• Total voters

theoko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Ok so I have 4 different pistols that I am considering to buy. One is a used Glock 22 .40 for $450, A Sig Pro 9mm for $550, a CZ P07 Duty 9mm for $500, and a Ruger P95 9mm for $415. I am leaning towards the Sig or the CZ because I have to have something with a hammer. I also am going to be using this pistol for concealed carry.

theoko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Actually it was a glock 23 i just fudged the numbers. I was talking with the person that I am buying from and he mentioned that he wanted the glock 22 full size and he was selling his 23 to get one. But I don't know about Glocks. I don't like the DAO pistols. I was very partial to Springfield XDs for a while. I guess now that I am older I want the hammer and DA/SA function on pistols. I'm not saying the DAO pistols are worthless, it's just a preference that I have grown to prefer on pistols.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    G23 Great gun and that is a fair price for used. They are all good guns, but that is the better of the prices in my opinion. Love the G23!

If you have to have a hammer though then that wont work and shouldnt be on the list. May I ask why you have to have a hammer? I understand some people want a hammer or like a hammer, just curious why you say you have to have it?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ok so I have 4 different pistols that I am considering to buy. One is a used Glock 22 .40 for $450, A Sig Pro 9mm for $550, a CZ P07 Duty 9mm for $500, and a Ruger P95 9mm for $415. I am leaning towards the Sig or the CZ because I have to have something with a hammer. I also am going to be using this pistol for concealed carry.

Having watched the performance of Glocks, XDs, 1911s, Sigs, Baby Eagle and a couple others at the Evansville shoot, I recommend the Glock. It was the only brand that did not have even one FTF during the entire event. All the others had at least one failure. The reasons for the failures varied—limp wrist, poor ammo, etc. Approximately 15-20 folks fired about 300 rounds each. The Glocks never failed.

There is a lot to be said for reliability. Get the Glock.:twocents:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Unless you just have to have a double action trigger pull, I'd go with the Glock. The Safe-Action trigger pull is equivalent to any Single Action pistol or revolver I've used. I've carried a G27 and a G23 for years now with no troubles.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The great thing about a G23, is that if you decide to switch to 9mm, you can get a barrel and mags and be done. I think the G19/G23 platform is the best first pistol for all around uses and concealed carry.

That being said, every Sig I've used has been a damn fine pistol. I just don't like the added cost and complexity of varying configurations for defense.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    SIGPro hands down the best bang for the buck.
    Night sights, 2 mags, great trigger to name a few.

My only complaint I had with mine was that it was in 9mm and not .40.
    But I will have that fixed sooner or later.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If you need a hammer, not sure why the Glock is in the list.

It's easily the best bang for the buck IMHO.

I love the alloy framed Sigs, the Pros not so much.

Top Bottom