• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    So... whats the best and cheapest 1911 in 22LR? :)

I've always loved the 1911 (I had a CO2 powered 1911 and a blank firer back in the UK) and figured I should start shopping around.

For now I'd like to get a 22LR conversion or purpose built rimfire 1911 for cheapness.

Any thoughts? I know its sacrilege really not to get a 45.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Another +1 for the GSG 1911. Did you shoot mine at the Meet & Shoots last year? I know Jedi was always stealing it from me.:):

You're welcome to shoot it at the March M&S. If I can't make it I could always send it along with somebody.

Family018.jpg

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Another +1 for the GSG 1911. Did you shoot mine at the Meet & Shoots last year? I know Jedi was always stealing it from me.:):

You're welcome to shoot it at the March M&S. If I can't make it I could always send it along with somebody.

Family018.jpg

Nooo I don't think I did. But I shot Byron's SIG with a 22 barrel.. :p

I'll be at the M&S in march for sure. I'm glad I have my 9mm but I want something cheaper to shoot that I can take to the range and plink with.

I know 9mm is relatively cheap but $12 for a box of 50 FMJs is too rich to plink with.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The GSG seems like a really nice 1911 style .22 LR pistol, but when it comes to .22 pistols I prefer either the Browning offerings or the Ruger Mk II or Mk III.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Right, I don't expect to get cheapest + best but you guys's opinions on which is the cheapest, and which is the best.

So far I am digging the GSG1911. I see my fellow Brits back home are allowed to buy them as long as they have a long barrel and a piece of metal sticking out from the pistol grip.

Look on Youtube for the TSC1911

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I'm interested in buying one. And, looks like the choices are Colt, SIG and GSG in 1911 style. The Browning is a nice piece and feels great inthe hand but its expensive and you can't re-grip it. Its also a blowback action.

I'm thinking about getting the SIG model of the GSG just because of the brand badge. Should be easier to sell to move if you ever tries to sell it.

They are interesting and I want one for my collection.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Not as nice as a GSG, but Beech Grove Firearms had a Chiappa 1911-22 there last week for $200. It was used and had a little bit of bluing wear but it seemed ok to me. It doesn't take 1911 parts, and there are mixed reviews on it, but if price is a HUGE issue and you know what to look for when examining a Chiappa 1911-22 then you might get yourself a deal. Everyone who has one (that works) loves it. I also think they have a maintenance policy like Taurus, but don't take my word on that.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a GSG and I love it. They run around $300-350. Im not sure if any 22 1911s can be had new for less. A Ruger 22/45 is right around there to

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    True. But when it comes time to clean..... Have to go with the GSG.

I have both the GSG 1911-22 and the Browning Buck Mark Camper. Both are similar price and both have their pluses and minuses. But between the two I much prefer the Buck Mark. It's better built, much nice stock trigger, and eats about any ammo. I'm a little more accurate with the Buck Mark.

My GSG needs high velocity ammo and the stock sights leave a lot to be desired.

The GSG gets the nod for how easy it is to work on and offerings of aftermarket 1911 parts.

Cleaning is a wash between the two because I just cleaned my Buck Mark after about 15,000 rounds and it wasn't that difficult.

If I could only have one for general target shooting and squirrel hunting the Buck Mark would win.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have both the GSG 1911-22 and the Browning Buck Mark Camper. Both are similar price and both have their pluses and minuses. But between the two I much prefer the Buck Mark. It's better built, much nice stock trigger, and eats about any ammo. I'm a little more accurate with the Buck Mark.

My GSG needs high velocity ammo and the stock sights leave a lot to be desired.

The GSG gets the nod for how easy it is to work on and offerings of aftermarket 1911 parts.

Cleaning is a wash between the two because I just cleaned my Buck Mark after about 15,000 rounds and it wasn't that difficult.

If I could only have one for general target shooting and squirrel hunting the Buck Mark would win.

That sucks about your GSG, mine eats all the cheap stuff great! The buckmark is a great 22 pistol no doubt, I just prefer the 1911 style. Variety is a good thing though!

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have the GSG and am very happy with it. It run 100% with anything I feed it.

The Colt Gold Cup 22 is really looking good to me also. Remember it is made by Walther, but still interesting.

Top Bottom