• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alurker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Hey guys I just got a new CC gun this weekend, I got the Bersa 380cc and took it out to the range and up a few rounds threw it and had some issues with it feeding Gold-dot ammo (3 out of 12rounds). When i looked at the miss-feeds the nose of the rounds were deformed from the miss-feed. I don't know if this is just becuase its going threw break in period or if the Bersa 380's don't like Gold-dot. Any recommendations or suggestions?

I love the gun, but i got to find something that feeds reliably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Can you tell what part of the pistol your round is impacting on to become deformed? Feed ramp, chamber lip, etc. I would run some FMJ ammo through it first and see if you still have feeding issues. If you don't then it probably doesn't like that particular hollow point. Try something with more of a rounded nose shape rather than a flat tipped hollow-point. Something like a Remington UMC 88 Grain JHP. Pics of the deformed rounds could help...

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    First.... :welcome: TO :ingo: !!!!

Second... It's a Bersa in .380 caliber (.380 of an inch).

Third..... No auto-loading pistol should be considered reliable until it's had 200-300 rounds of ammo put through it.

My suggestion is to run 200-300 rounds of cheap FMJ (full metal jacket) ammo through it and then figure-out which hollow point ammo it likes.

Welcome again!!!! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I also have a bersa firestorm .380 I bought ammo the other day some hollow points that fired flawlessly. Supposedly they were top of the line though and they did cost too much if you ask me. The brand was Dpx or something like that. I will have to look when I get home.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Another thing. Did you clean it?

The Bersas come packed in grease and have to be cleaned and re-lubed before firing.
    When mine was newer, it did the same thing a couple times but it was because I was limp wristing it. 200rds plus later it has fired everything I put through it.

Some Bersas have had issues firing flat nosed rounds. Try running some roundnose Full Metal Jackets through it during break in. Also, Bersas are notorious for not liking Aluminum cased ammo, so avoid that too.

I hate to pimp another site, but :: Bersa Talk :: is invaluable for new Bersa owners..

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    380 Auto is 9mm caliber

Gentlemen,
    The 380 auto …. Is not the caliber. It is not .380”
    The 380ACP is actually a 9mm caliber (Thats .355"). The 380 Auto or 380ACP is 9mm X 17mm. 9mm being the caliber and 17mm being the case length.
    The 9mm luger is 9mm X 19mm. 9mm being the caliber and 19mm being the case length.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    good job

:yesway:
    Gentlemen,
    The 380 auto …. Is not the caliber. It is not .380”
    The 380ACP is actually a 9mm caliber (Thats .355"). The 380 Auto or 380ACP is 9mm X 17mm. 9mm being the caliber and 17mm being the case length.
    The 9mm luger is 9mm X 19mm. 9mm being the caliber and 19mm being the case length.

Thank you for correcting the previously posted errors.

Terry :ingo:

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Bersa 380 owner here. Mine has never failed to feed or eat any gold dot ammo. And that is the only jhp I have ever fired through it.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Another thing. Did you clean it?

+1 if this is a new gun.

Also, if this is a used gun are you using a factory Bersa magazine? I have never had any feed problems with my thunder .380 but have heard about people having problems with aftermarket mags.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've mostly used cheaper target ammo in mine, and the only hollow point was cheaper stuff as well (Remington HP). I've never had any problems at all with any of the ammo.

I do agree with "jim b" that the only problems I've had was with aftermarket magazines. I don't think the Bersa is as forgiving with some of the cheaper magazines.

Just my :twocents:...

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The only type of ammo my Bersa will NOT shoot is flat nosed or truncated nosed. It'll handle hollow point ammo, but for some reason, the truncated rounds will not feed.:dunno:

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My wife and I just came home with her shiny new Bersa .380 that she bought today and when we went out back to give it a try she had a FTF on the third round (Winchester White Box ammo). She was limp wristing it and once she realized what a locked wrist did for a semi-auto (her first one, had revolvers before) it worked flawlessly.

I do agree with the cleaning. I just finished field stripping and cleaning it and it had a HUGE amount of oil in it. It should have been cleaned before shooting it but I didn't know better.

Nice gun, she seems to like it really well!

Good luck!

Cam

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My wife and I just came home with her shiny new Bersa .380 that she bought today and when we went out back to give it a try she had a FTF on the third round (Winchester White Box ammo). She was limp wristing it and once she realized what a locked wrist did for a semi-auto (her first one, had revolvers before) it worked flawlessly.

I do agree with the cleaning. I just finished field stripping and cleaning it and it had a HUGE amount of oil in it. It should have been cleaned before shooting it but I didn't know better.

Nice gun, she seems to like it really well!

Good luck!

Cam

Exactly my experience first time I shot mine(yes, redneckmedic, I know it's YOURS now, lol).
    Glad she likes it!

Top Bottom