• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    get the px4 you wont regret it. im selling my luger p.08 to buy one and that thing is my baby. i shot my friends and its the best handgun iv ever shot in my opinion. the only complaint iv heard about them is they are a bit thick.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So are you going to buy a SLP shotgun now? I'll tell you one thing, I'm considering it... :D

FNX IS great, but they are hard to find IN STOCK around Indy right now... I've been looking, everywhere has to order them.

I'm going to stick my my Mossy. The SLP's are not cheap. The FN's are not very common in the shops. The guy I bought my FN off of, is a big fan of FN.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    get the px4 you wont regret it. im selling my luger p.08 to buy one and that thing is my baby. i shot my friends and its the best handgun iv ever shot in my opinion. the only complaint iv heard about them is they are a bit thick.

A thick gun wouldn't bother me. I have a pretty decent grip for being a little guy and it would help me with trigger discipline and would also prevent me going past the first knuckle when I go to pull the trigger.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I see your on the west side of Indy.

I have a PX4 in 9mm that you can try out if you want.

I work at eagle creek pistol range and will have it with me this weekend.

I will be there all day Sunday. I may only be at the range on saturday for a bit. My Fiancee is running in a triathlon on satrday and I may need to drop/pick her up from the race.

Just bring all the 9mm ammo you want to shoot.

-James

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Well, we went in today, me and my grandfather. We talked while we were in there, and he bought himself a Taurus 44 (i think that's what the revolver was called, 2 1/2 inch barrel) and just gave me his glock 36.

All i have to do is wait on my permit. :D

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's what I thought, and that's why I was looking at the Kel Tec so hard. It is cost effective for a broke person like me, but then again, being broke, I can't afford to buy two. My thought after that was why not just get the one I really want instead?

Love my grandpa, btw. He is the one buying me whichever I get tomorrow. The Kel Tec, or the Beretta, like you said, either is fine at this point.

God bless grandpas. My wifes grandpa who sadly passed away last week gave me my very first gun for free as I was writing him the check!! Ruger MKII 22/45 that I will always cherish:)
    I also have a px4 that I LOVE. Feels great in the hand and is pretty darn accurate! Good luck with your choice!

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I'm all for buying guns but it sounds like you should tighten security a bit also. I'd install some kind of latch to keep the maintenance guy from just barging in while you're home. Was your girlfriends car locked? Or did someone break in just to pass out in it. Congrats on the Glock 36 and I hope you can get in to a safer place soon.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I'm all for buying guns but it sounds like you should tighten security a bit also. I'd install some kind of latch to keep the maintenance guy from just barging in while you're home. Was your girlfriends car locked? Or did someone break in just to pass out in it. Congrats on the Glock 36 and I hope you can get in to a safer place soon.

we had a deadbolt on the door, but i was still awake and i hadn't gotten up to lock the door yet (that was my fault) and he walked in. her car was unlocked because her locks are all jacked up to where the key fob won't work, and when you push the button in the car (electric locks), all it does is click. she manually locked all but the driver door and now locks that every time she leaves her car.

thanks! i really like the 36, and am going to my girlfriend's dad's tomorrow to shoot it for the first time.

I also stopped by Fort Liberty today and bought a blackhawk holster for my gun. I got home about an hour ago (hope this isn't illegal), and put the holster on and put the gun in it to see how it would feel on me. And it feels great, I can barely tell it's there because I'm so used to having an M-Tech dagger there, and it demands a presence even from me. Very comfortable and my girlfriend even tried to yank the gun out of the holster from behind me (didn't work, and thank god, i know it will work later).

I'm happy for it, and haven't worn it for more than 10 minutes.

Am I able to carry a holstered gun in my own home, or was trying that on not a good idea?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Yep, you can carry the gun any way you want at home inside your apartment but wait for your LTCH before carrying it in public.

Congrats on your new Glock 36, its a fantastic gun and a .45 is a pretty good self defense caliber. :D

Like others said, I would now start saving up for a nice shotty for at home now that you've got your, soon to be, carry gun.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Yep, my girlfriend Ashley just left for military orders and will be getting a decent paycheck this time around, and she actually told me that SHE was going to get the shotgun (kinda sucks because I pay the bills while she buys the fun stuff :bs:)

But if she doesn't get the shotty like she wants, she is going to file for her LTCH with L1, and then brag to me when she gets it a month before I do, and she was thinking about the Kel Tec that I passed up.

First thing I do when I get the LTCH is probably go grocery shopping lol That's what I did when I first started to carry around the knife.

To technicality now, I can carry it any way I want to on my property, does the same go for my back patio which gives me a clear view of everyone else's apartments, and gives others a clear view of me? I went outside to smoke and forgot to take the holster off yesterday, and Ashley about lost her mind.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm not sure of the cost of the PX4, but you can pick up a Ruger SR9c for 389 at Plainfield Shooting Supplies, or possibly the same price at Fort Liberty. I've got about 1000 rounds down the pipe of my SR9 (full size) with no ftf's or any issues of any kind. It is accurate and feels great in the hand. 17+1 rounds of 9mm is hard to argue with.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I bought a Glock 36 not to long ago and it has been a good pistol. After about 200 rounds on the range, it starts to get at the web of my hand, but it's accurate enough.

AJB

Top Bottom