• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjbecker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Im in the hunt for a beretta 686, but I just want to hear about others using beretta o/u. May it be in the field or shooting clays. Lets here what you shoot and what you shoot at.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Very nice guns. I would like to get a 682 Sporting, but not gonna happen right now. Maybe tax return. Have you shoulders one yet to make sure it fits? I ask because this is not a small investment (Not telling you anything you don't already know). Share pics if you find and get it.

cjbecker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I have shot a 682 and it shot wonderfully and i have shouldered a 686 field and it felt great. I would really like to shoot a 686 before i buy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have used Beretta shotguns for competitive trap and skeet for years. Many trap shooters shoot 30,000 plus shells a year. I only shot about 15,000 in a single year. It is easy to count when you buy 5 sleeves of primers every winter. I shot my 686 silver pigeon trap for 10 years without any failure of any kind. I shot it for 3 years before I ever took the stock off to clean and relube the triggers. Everything was still clean and well lubed. I have had a 682 competition trap for about 5 years. My 20 gauge skeet gun is also a Beretta. Never a single issue with any of them. The only thing that could confuse a new person is that there are three different choke systems from Beretta. They are NOT interchangeable. All the early and field chokes were "Mobile" . The competition guns started using "Optima" The latest are called "Optima Plus". Just beware of that and all will be fine.
    I do not bird hunt with my Beretta shotguns. I have trouble taking a $4000 plus shotgun out in the rain. I have one of those ugly black teflon Remington 1100 guns for the duck boat. It has been dependable but it only gets a couple hundred shots per year. Every Beretta I ever sold/traded got me as much in trade as I paid for it. The way I figure, Beretta shotguns are free!

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    I dont shoot clays but a couple of times a year,however I used to shoot couple of times a week & compitions on weekends. I shoot a Browning Gold Clay 30" ported barrels
    Did win a 1100 Sporting Clay & a Nova that I hunt with.

Top Bottom