• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The CX4's were always expensive, was looking thru my receipts and found the one for when I bought my CX4 in 2005 for 680.00 with tax. Prices went up some.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I laser boresighted my CX4 and headed to MCFG this afternoon. I was short on time so I only ran 40 rounds through her (115 grain S&B FMJ ball). I had to adjust the windage slightly out of the box to align POI with the irons so doing this in my shop before heading out saved me from having to do this while shooting up precious ammo.

I started out with an 8" Dirty Bird target at 25 yards and put five rounds on it first. The first two grouped 2"-3" out at one o' clock. The last 3 cloverleafed just off the bull, same direction. I put another identical target at 50 yards but never shot at it. I was having to much fun ringing steel and destroying the mostly intact clays I picked up while posting my targets. The 25 yard plate was ridiculously easy to hit and after learning where to hold on the 100 yard plate I finished up by ringing it about ten times in a row. Who doesn't like the sound of ringing steel?

I had one strange issue at the end of the first magazine. With safety off and in full battery the trigger would not break. I dropped the mag, which still had one round left, reinserted it, and recharged the weapon and it fired fine. Pleasant to shoot, ergonomic and easy handling with a bit more recoil than I was expecting sums it up. Very fun piece, my only regret is paying $80 more for it at Bradis than it costs at Walmart.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thinking about the malfunction described above, the rifle extracted and ejected the spent casing but did not strip a round off the top of the stack or rest the trigger. Maybe a weak round could cause this, not cycling the action fully?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I took my CX4 back to MCFG after the 2A rally in Lafayette earlier today. I only had 2 mags with me, one loaded with S&B and the other WWB, both 115 grain FMJ. I was just plinking away at the 100 yard pie plate. First mag (S&B) ran fine but I had one stovepipe about 3/4 of the way through the WWB mag. I'm growing to hate this ammunition but the way things are nowadays you have to shoot what you can find.

Top Bottom