• ...and so much more!
  • Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Recently I was given about 20 lbs of beeswax. I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do with it, and I was looking for suggestions. Please bear in mind I know candles would be a good idea, but I'm looking for more "creative" ideas. Bullet lube?

What say you, INGO?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Take pine cones, wrap them with candle wicks (loose spiral) then dip in melted beeswax. They make excellent fire starters and are fairly water resistant for use in outdoor situations

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Take pine cones, wrap them with candle wicks (loose spiral) then dip in melted beeswax. They make excellent fire starters and are fairly water resistant for use in outdoor situations
    :(
    Such a waste of bees-wax...

Bees-wax is one of the few, if not only, clean burning waxes there is. It also has a relatively high melting point meaning it doesn't normally get soft and "gooey" if it sits in your car on a hot day. And it's use in cosmetics and other specialty products makes it much more highly sought after. For anybody considering making fire-starters out of bees-wax I will trade you 1-1/4 pounds parafin for every pound of beeswax. I can even give you scented parafin if you want. Or plain, unscented if not. I can also trade complete emergency candles too.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Beeswax+Crisco = Black Powder lube!

(also a very nice wax for the 'stache! Wifey says it smells like honey ;))

ol' poke.

jgoeden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    I'll take some of it!

I know you can take sawdust and melted wax and make those firestarter sticks, not sure if you can use beeswax but worth looking in to.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    i'll take it. To me any kind of wax would be very valuable in a disaster situation...especially beeswax.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :(
    Such a waste of bees-wax...

Bees-wax is one of the few, if not only, clean burning waxes there is. It also has a relatively high melting point meaning it doesn't normally get soft and "gooey" if it sits in your car on a hot day. And it's use in cosmetics and other specialty products makes it much more highly sought after. For anybody considering making fire-starters out of bees-wax I will trade you 1-1/4 pounds parafin for every pound of beeswax. I can even give you scented parafin if you want. Or plain, unscented if not. I can also trade complete emergency candles too.

When one has bee hives, one is free to use it in many different ways :)

(Before its asked, most my frames are still a year away from retirement, so I won't be harvesting any wax until this fall)

Top Bottom