Be careful where you purchase suppressors!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShaunB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will call both of the customers with messes up Form 4's. I will give you store credit for the full price of the Suppressors you bought. I am very sorry that this wasn't handled the way we expect transfers to go. I do take 100% responsibility for how this all happened and will make sure it never happens again.

We do now make sure to not just verify the s/n on the product but the Form 3. Honestly this was a first for is and we have never received an NFA item that wasn't ours. We have received transfer guns with a different s/n then on the invoice but those were easy fixes.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Seems like a lot of badmouthing going on by people that insist they don't badmouth. Everyone makes mistakes, own up to them, say your sorry, and make it right. That took 9 pages, and a bunch of blame games, when the post above would have solved it instantly. I have dealt with 21st Century, and Huntertown Arms, and both were very good to deal with. I have not dealt with Sniper Company, but one mistake would not stop me, everyone gets a second chance with me, within reason. I just hate to see all the bickering, and blaming others, then saying "I don't like to talk bad about anybody" and then make multiple post talking bad about people. The NFA game can be stressful enough on it's own, add a mistake, and i can see why the OP came to vent, it is after all the internet. I will buy more cans from Huntertown Arms, i love the quality, and level of sound suppression. I would have no problem shopping at 21 Century in the future, i would shop there more, but i work for a shop and get a decent discount. I will check out Sniper Company, because like i said, everyone gets a second chance, and I won't hold a mistake against them, they happen to everyone. I love the fact the 21st Century, and Huntertown Arms stepped up to the plate to help the guys out, that's a big +1 in my book, as is giving the store credit by Sniper Company. To the OP, don't let this discourage you from future NFA purchases, i started with a Guardian can, and have never looked back. The NFA game is a whole bunch of fun, and the wait is worth it, good luck, and welcome to the club.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I will call both of the customers with messes up Form 4's. I will give you store credit for the full price of the Suppressors you bought. I am very sorry that this wasn't handled the way we expect transfers to go. I do take 100% responsibility for how this all happened and will make sure it never happens again.

We do now make sure to not just verify the s/n on the product but the Form 3. Honestly this was a first for is and we have never received an NFA item that wasn't ours. We have received transfer guns with a different s/n then on the invoice but those were easy fixes.
    Even though i'm not personally involved in this I did make a comment earlier and stated that I thought everyone should take resposibility for their part and since the OP dealt directly with SniperCo they are the ones that should make things right.

It appears now that they have stepped up and done just that and I will be the first one to give credit.

Carry on.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville

That is awesome customer service! Positive reps fro ShaunB and Sniper Co.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    What a mess!!!!! I feel terrible for this whole thing. I would like to apologies to everyone involved. The reason I have not chimed in anymore, directly about this TOPIC, is because after Mayday671 first post on page 2 the problem was resolved and I stated to him that I would no longer post anything on this issue. It’s my mistake that I didn’t post that the issue was resolved but I thought by not posting this thing would die out. Obviously, their's allot more issues involved than with the sale of these 3 suppressors. More than anyone could have conceived.

Here are the simple facts of this whole mess. If me and firestarter would have NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER, called the ATF to check the status of our suppressors we would have never new anything went wrong (well I guess that will be determined when/if we get them). The reason this whole mess took 6 months to surface. The simple fact we new it was a long process and we chose not to call and check until 6 months had passed. Then because we had already gotten 3 wrong serial numbers from Sniper Co. I started calling other people for help. Their is 1 other aspect to the story that I will only tell shawnb. Not on here!!!!

The battle that ensued on here about this post. Has gotten out of control all parties involved. The stuff you guys have gone back and forth on here about has gone way beyond 2 guys with suppressor issues. Shaun I respect the fact you would like to refund my money but I respectfully decline. I will still be expecting my suppressor.

So In short I apologies to all parties especially Sniper Co. what I wont take blame for is all the bad mouthing between companies that blame goes to all parties involved.
    Sniper Co did everything legally with this issue just poor communication. But that Combined with the government has created a nightmare

Last edited:

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Thanks, I'm sorry this all happened also. By the way the paperwork for both cans arrived in the mail yesterday just as our examiner told me so I'll correct both forms in the morning and mail them back tomorrow.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks, I'm sorry this all happened also. By the way the paperwork for both cans arrived in the mail yesterday just as our examiner told me so I'll correct both forms in the morning and mail them back tomorrow.
    This should mean that you will have your stamps (and suppressors) in about 2-3 weeks!

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

Thanks Mayday671, this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I apologies once again, Thanks for your hard work to resolve this issue. With your help I’m sure Sniper Co. will strive. At least with good products and customer service. Things will go well. At least in your line of work you can at least correct your mistakes and move on. I farm no madder how hard I work I cant make it rain. Feel good your job doesn’t depend on weather. Trust me that’s worse than a few posts’ on the internet.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    That is awesome customer service! Positive reps fro ShaunB and Sniper Co.

While I don't don't know the company involved personally. I do commend their customer service (ie. the store credit for the OP) and it sounds that they are going out of their way to try to correct the mistake.

Top Bottom